Marc and Craig Dease news photos

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.

Re: Marc and Craig Dease news photos

Unread post by Guest »

I really have to question if the anonymous poster making the report claims is legitimate. Could the poster please share the directive from an official source?

Here are the rules by both counties:
http://www.knowbeforeyoufly.org and http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/civilaviation/s ... -4179.html

Guest wrote:Just a reminder for those flying drones too close to a ship, we have to report it to the US Coast Guard as a breach of security. Thank you Homeland Security.
Paul Beesley - Shiphotos

Unread post by Paul Beesley - Shiphotos »

The wonderful thing about the internet is the ability to allow anyone to share anything with untold numbers of people.

With regard to having to report Drones too close to ships, could we please have a link to, or copy of, something published by a government agency that will allow us to learn exactly what is and is not permitted and that will give us a definition of "Too Close".

Otherwise we simply spread the lack of information and build up fear, which we have more than enough of.

Thank you.

Unread post by Guest »

Just a reminder for those flying drones too close to a ship, we have to report it to the US Coast Guard as a breach of security. Thank you Homeland Security.
MarcD

Unread post by MarcD »

Thanks folks, it's my pleasure. Keeps me out of trouble….most of the time!!
Rob W

Unread post by Rob W »

I too have been amazed by your photos over the years. Night photos in Sarnia, Tele photos of the boats coming of the Lake and now the drone! Always finding new ways to outdo yourselves, well done!!

Rob W
J Kerwin

Unread post by J Kerwin »

I must concur that your photos are amazing. Very nice. Well done gentlemen.
standuffer

Unread post by standuffer »

MarcD wrote:You're quite welcome, they are a throwback to the good old days of being able to take pictures from the Bluewater Bridge.
Your drone must be both a "toy and a tool"! ;o)
drydock

Unread post by drydock »

I agree!
MarcD

Unread post by MarcD »

You're quite welcome, they are a throwback to the good old days of being able to take pictures from the Bluewater Bridge.

Marc and Craig Dease news photos

Unread post by Guest »

Incredible pictures gentlemen; thanks for sharing them ! The aerial shots are especially exquisite and provide an incredible new perspective we don't often get !