Save the S.S Judith M. Pierson

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
captrmetz

Save the S.S Judith M. Pierson

Unread post by captrmetz »

I found the pilot house from the S/S Judith M. Pierson at Port Burwell, Ont. With all the dismantlement of our Museum Ships I was surprised to find the "Judy." I talked to the people who are restoring the pilot house and they said they are suffering to get funds to complete the job. They are $50,000 short. I am going to try to help to get the "Judy" looking like new again by giving artifacts that I took off the ship when the ship went to scrap. Volunteers have been scrapping and painting. Now they need funds to move the pilot house up the hill onto a concrete slab where she will stay as a Marine Museum. I sailed her in 1982, so I am kind of affectionate toward the old girl and I want to save her because it is the last of her kind. I will donate toward the 50 grand and I hope some of you ship lovers will do the same. Thank you all. Capt. R. Metz
E-mail [email protected] for information on how to donate and to volunteer with the restoration efforts.
Attachments
Save the Judy
Save the Judy
Judith M. Pierson
Judith M. Pierson