Stats on 1000 footers

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.

Re: Stats on 1000 footers

Unread post by Guest »

Thanks for the nice comments on the video!

I wish I had a little better footage of a couple of the ships, but I'm hoping I can upgrade it in the future after some more visits to Duluth and Superior.

My next project will be trying to compile a compilation of the AAA vessels. I just need the Anderson to come out of layup next year. She has always managed to elude me.
drydock

Unread post by drydock »

Great video! Thanks. With the absence of the daily news photo gallery it was great to see current action on the lakes.
dayooper77

Unread post by dayooper77 »

I didn't double-check the stats but the video is fantastic! I'm saying that the Barker is my favorite 1,000 footer. It certainly sounds the best to me!
Thank-you for making my Friday better.

Stats on 1000 footers

Unread post by Guest »

After my latest visit to Duluth in October, I realized I had finally captured video of every 1000 footer on the lakes, so I decided to edit the footage together to highlight each vessel. Here is the first edit of that video:

https://youtu.be/ilfwWdbtbD8

The video is unlisted, since I am still a little uncertain about some of the stats I provided for each vessel. For the most part I used the stats provided on the Boatnerd site, since those seemed the most trustworthy. But for a couple of the boats, I looked elsewhere to find information about speed and powering.

If anyone watches the video and sees any obvious errors in the stats I provide, please let me know.

Thank you!
Mark