Algoma Niagara

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.

Re: Algoma Niagara

Unread post by Guest »

Denny wrote:To update on an earlier post that I had sent into boatnerd today on the Algoma Niagara, as of 11 A.M. on November 23rd they are off of Port Austin at the tip of the thumb of Michigan and not sure if they could be st anchor or not? They were diwnbound in Lake Huron during the morning hours earlier but have now turned and are off of Port Austin as I type this now. Hope all of this information helps out.
According to the Hamilton website, they're due Nov. 24 at 10pm. Export cargo is ballast. Once they arrive their next port will be updated.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

To update on an earlier post that I had sent into boatnerd today on the Algoma Niagara, as of 11 A.M. on November 23rd they are off of Port Austin at the tip of the thumb of Michigan and not sure if they could be st anchor or not? They were diwnbound in Lake Huron during the morning hours earlier but have now turned and are off of Port Austin as I type this now. Hope all of this information helps out.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Thanks everyone for your responses to my questions on the cargo the Algoma Niagara loaded in Thunder Bay. So if it is a grain cargo this would make sense and I fully understand that. Since she is due to arrive on November 25th at 0100, I don't know how long it would take them to unload that cargo? I assume it will take at least 2 days to unload at the best? Would like to still see her just one time for this year and next week so far at least, I have 3 days and opps to see her any day heading back up from Monday-Wednesday. I can't make it out next Thursday as I have an appointment and next Friday so long as the weather is good, I could make it up to see her at that point! Any further information along with schedules, times and ETAs are very much appreciated. Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving as well!

Unread post by Guest »

Denny wrote:Apparently their problems must not be too bad as they departed from Thunder Bay on November 21st around 10:30 p.m. and are enroute to Hamilton to unload where they are due on November 25th at 0100 to unload. Does anyone know what cargo they are taking to Hamilton? Thought they were going to load a grain cargo for the Seaway unless this is a grain cargo for Hamilton? Did they get an orders change then to load possibly coal instead of grain in Thunder Bay? I can see if this is coal going to Hamilton from Thunder Bay. Sorry to be asking all these questions just curious is all. Any information is appreciated. Thanks so very much in advance for any type of info that you have.
Based on today's Port Report, it's a grain cargo for Hamilton.

Unread post by Guest »

Denny wrote:Apparently their problems must not be too bad as they departed from Thunder Bay on November 21st around 10:30 p.m. and are enroute to Hamilton to unload where they are due on November 25th at 0100 to unload. Does anyone know what cargo they are taking to Hamilton? Thought they were going to load a grain cargo for the Seaway unless this is a grain cargo for Hamilton? Did they get an orders change then to load possibly coal instead of grain in Thunder Bay? I can see if this is coal going to Hamilton from Thunder Bay. Sorry to be asking all these questions just curious is all. Any information is appreciated. Thanks so very much in advance for any type of info that you have.
In a day or so the Hamilton Port website will show their anticipated arrival with the type of cargo. Hamilton does receive grain cargoes from TB. Stay tuned.....
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Apparently their problems must not be too bad as they departed from Thunder Bay on November 21st around 10:30 p.m. and are enroute to Hamilton to unload where they are due on November 25th at 0100 to unload. Does anyone know what cargo they are taking to Hamilton? Thought they were going to load a grain cargo for the Seaway unless this is a grain cargo for Hamilton? Did they get an orders change then to load possibly coal instead of grain in Thunder Bay? I can see if this is coal going to Hamilton from Thunder Bay. Sorry to be asking all these questions just curious is all. Any information is appreciated. Thanks so very much in advance for any type of info that you have.
Rob W

Unread post by Rob W »

What would be he nature of said “problems” in her tunnel?

TIA

Rob w

Unread post by Guest »

As far as I know they are running with shore crews on board
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Guest, will they get some of their problems and issues fixed then as they get into Thunder Bay? If I'm not mistaken, I believe they were headed to Thunder Bay to load wheat for a St. Lawrence River port. Not sure if that is still the plan or if anything has changed since then?

Unread post by Guest »

I was told that she has major problems in the tunnel two or three contractors working 24 hrs plus algoma’s own people not good I heard
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Looks like I missed my chances to see her going up through the river today but, like I mentioned in my earlier posts I do not drive in inclement weather. Any type of foul weather such as rain, snow, sleet and fog I do not drive in but the point is like I also said in my earlier post as far as if I don't see the Algoma Niagara this year at least now this gives me something to look forward to as far as me seeing them next season. Let's look at this as a positive here folks as now not only will I have the Algoma Niagara to look forward to for seeing in 2018, there will be the new Algoma Sault as far as the Niagara's sistership along with the Algoma Innovator and any other new ships that Algoma will be building and bringing in here in 2018 so next year should be hopefully a good and busy year for seeing all of the new Algoma ships. Thanks as well to everyone that has posted photos of her as far as on Marine Traffic's website and also the Know Your Ships Facebook page. The photos all look great and I am very much looking forward to see the new ships during 2018!
Judie

Unread post by Judie »

In Lake Huron north of Fort Gratiot @ 1045
ashland69

Unread post by ashland69 »

Algoma Niagara didn't stop for fuel on its way thru Detroit. Upbound at Dossin Museum a little about 5:10 Saturday morning. Should be at Sarnia around 11 to 1130am or thereabouts. If it didn't fuel up in Hamilton, maybe it'll stop in Sarnia for fuel. Time will tell!
amherst1

Algoma Niagara

Unread post by amherst1 »

Anyone "know IF" the Algoma Niagara will fuel in the river system either in Windsor or below Sarnia?. TIA