1000 footer split cargo

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.

Re: 1000 footer split cargo

Unread post by Guest »

I do vaguely remember this split-load that the Indiana Harbor carried, with hold number one containing grain. I can't find it in the news archive, but I think it occurred between 2006-2008 and that the grain was unloaded in Milwaukee.

Brian
garbear

Unread post by garbear »

Denny wrote:No not that I ever recall? However, the Indiana Harbor once during the 1990s made a stop in Thunder Bay, Ontario to load a grain cargo then? It was not a large load and don’t recall where they went to with that load? There was a story along with photos of it in the port magazine from Thunder Bay then. Surely someone else will have more information on this.
was thinking they went to Toledo?
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

No not that I ever recall? However, the Indiana Harbor once during the 1990s made a stop in Thunder Bay, Ontario to load a grain cargo then? It was not a large load and don’t recall where they went to with that load? There was a story along with photos of it in the port magazine from Thunder Bay then. Surely someone else will have more information on this.
badger

1000 footer split cargo

Unread post by badger »

has a 1000 footer ever loaded a split load of iron ore and grain?