algoma intrepid

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
Denny

Re: algoma intrepid

Unread post by Denny »

In adding to my previous post and comments about the Algoma ships and the Algoma bear logo on their bows, I’d like to add a few more to my commentary if I may. Some of the Algoma ships that do have the bear emblem on their bows, are looking very nasty as far as the logo itself. Example, next time you see the Algoma Strongfield along with the Algoma Harvester, both of these two have really nasty looking bow logos as the paint is looking bad as far as the bear emblem from them as far as rubbing up on the various lock walls and docks that they encounter. Not sure right now of who else as far as Algoma ships have very poor looking bear bow emblems but, the two that I mentioned are really looking bad and have been for quite sometime! I expect that when those two are due next for their surveys and repaint, they may remove the bear bow emblems but that’s just my thought and opinions on this.
Denny

Re: algoma intrepid

Unread post by Denny »

Not all of the Algoma vessels have the Algoma bear logo on their bows! Yes to your point, Algoma Intrepid does not have them on either side of her bow. To answer the question you posted, I suppose it may be due to the fact of their vessels rubbing up on the various lock walls and docks that they encounter? A few other Algoma ships that I’ve seen that don’t have the emblem are the Algoma Equinox and the Algoma Mariner as well. The Algoma Innovator doesn’t have it on the Port side bow yet it does on the starboard side. This is because a few years ago it needed repairs to its bow thus the port side emblem was painted out yet the starboard one remains. The tanker Algoscotia once had the emblems but were painted out after they got a 5-year and repaint a few years ago. That’s how and why Algoma Mariner doesn’t have them as well per the same reasons as Algoscotia. Hope I’ve answered your questions here.
badger

algoma intrepid

Unread post by badger »

why dosnt the algoma intrepid have the algoma "rondells" on the bow like other algoma vessels?