St. Clair River (2014-07-22)

Open forum for regional discussion. (extension of the Information Search page for off topic & personal discussion)
tugboat1947

Re: St. Clair River (2014-07-22)

Unread post by tugboat1947 »

Started Monday 21 at Boatnerd HQ 8am, I have donated approx. 200 slides from the early 80's they are being scanned and will end up in a library for all to see. Went down to St.Claire about 10am got shots of the "IINN" and to visit "McLouth Yard" around 1030 was a friend of the McLouth family lots of great memories. Spent Tuesday and Wednsday at Westcotts plenty of traffic. Took in a Little League game at Tiger Field neet. all in all great stuff
Bruce

Unread post by Guest »

tugboat 1947 wrote:I spent 20 - 24 on the River mostly at Boatnerd HQ. Sorry I missed meeting up...got shots of most of the same boats weather was truly great.
Glad you were able to make the trip and had great weather too. Did you venture down river (Marysville, St. Clair, Marine City, etc.) and enjoy their riverwalks & photo ops? Boatnerd HQ, and Desmond Landing/Riverwalk have a lot to offer, too. Hope you went away with some awesome memories and plans to come back soon.
tugboat 1947

Unread post by tugboat 1947 »

I spent 20 - 24 on the River mostly at Boatnerd HQ. Sorry I missed meeting up....got shots of most of the same boats weather was truly great.
Paul A

Unread post by Paul A »

Great pix as always Bookworm! Y'know, it's always cooler in the river valley so you picked the right place to be.
Now if I can just make it through these next 16 (?) years 'till retirement.
Bookworm

St. Clair River (2014-07-22)

Unread post by Bookworm »

Even though the temperatures were high, a cool breeze made it tolerable for swimmers, boaters, jet-skiers, and boatnerds.
Attachments
AIS says "Cleveland" but since that is not up Lake Huron, I'll go with another source giving Sault Ste. Marie as the destination.
AIS says "Cleveland" but since that is not up Lake Huron, I'll go with another source giving Sault Ste. Marie as the destination.
Destination Windsor
Destination Windsor
Expected at Thunder Bay
Expected at Thunder Bay
Bringing coal to the St. Clair power plant
Bringing coal to the St. Clair power plant
Manitoba is almost completely hidden behind Indiana Harbor's massive hull
Manitoba is almost completely hidden behind Indiana Harbor's massive hull
You have to see the difference in their sizes to believe it!
You have to see the difference in their sizes to believe it!
Down-bound to Cleveland with taconite loaded at Silver Bay
Down-bound to Cleveland with taconite loaded at Silver Bay
This lunchtime crowd was having a great time!
This lunchtime crowd was having a great time!
Headed to Duluth in ballast
Headed to Duluth in ballast
This trip takes her to Baie Comeau
This trip takes her to Baie Comeau
Will load at Superior
Will load at Superior