2019 College Football

Open forum for regional discussion. (extension of the Information Search page for off topic & personal discussion)
ed

Re: 2019 College Football

Unread post by ed »

Michigan's win over N D proved the saying that " Even a blind squirrel can find a nut sometimes " ! It is good to know that Harbaugh has not hired an agent - to date - to assist his exit from U of M. That translates into " I'll be leaving soon ". If you bet on football games - I'd take the over odds on the last U of M game of the year.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Well amazingly Michigan and Harbaugh does it again and continues to surprise the doubters with an amazing 45-14 upset win last night over Notre Dame and I think this makes Michigan now at 6-2 on the season as far as their record goes? The sad part IMO is with that big of a win, now they could go on a nice stretch of wins with some easy games ahead on the schedule before maybe losing to Michigan State in about three weeks? As much as I hate to admit folks with last nights huge win over the Irish, Harbaugh could get a reprieve yet as far as his job here at Michigan goes and knowing them I’m sure they’ll probably try and bring him back next year but for what purpose? It will end up being the same ‘ole non-sense and garbage from Michigan and Harbaugh next year at least. I guess time will tell and we’ll just have to sit and wait to see what happens. Guess anyone that survived the soaking rains at the Big House last night weren’t too disappointed after all with that win!
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Stick a fork for sure in Michigan State now with their humiliating loss at home in the rain today to Penn State 28-7. This now keeps Penn State undefeated along with Ohio State in the Big 10 East Division and if nobody hasn't noticed lately then perhaps now is the time to look close and carefully. Both Ohio State and Penn State play each other later this season and that my friends could be a super huge game and determine the winner of the Big 10 Eastern Division. In other news, next weekend will be a big one for some of us College Fans as you have Alabama vs LSU and the top two in all of College Football. If LSU were to lose, since they're ranked now at Number 2 I could then see Ohio State vaulting up in the ranks to the Number 2 spot after next weekend since Ohio State currently sits at Number 3. It could quite possibly come down to the Title game this year between Alabama vs Ohio State maybe but it's still too early to tell yet. Comments and predictions on any of this all?
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Well so much for Wisconsin giving Ohio State any type of competition in today’s game as the Bucks blew them out of Columbus along with the Horseshoe 38-7 and that means the Bucks are still undefeated and also continue to roll. This team may be better than the teams of Urban and Tressel? Needless to say now it appears there’s no stopping these guys and stick a fork into Michigan for sure as after tonight they won’t stand a chance in heck versus Ohio State period and hands down! If the TV networks weren’t so money and power hungry, they wouldn’t even put the Ohio State vs Michigan game on TV as that will be a major loss and an embarrassment just like last year was. I gotta believe that after the Ohio State game, Harbaugh is done and history then and if he isn’t then Michigan is just way out of touch then. So better watch the World Series or another Football game tonight as Notre Dame vs Michigan won’t be any fun unless of course you’re rooting for the Irish! The rainy weather tonight will surely have an impact on this game and the players also.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

The best game to watch on TV Saturday won’t be Penn State versus Michigan State or Notre Dame at Michigan but instead Wisconsin at Ohio State since both teams are on top of the Big 10 right now. Ohio State is on top of the East while Wisconsin is on top in the West. This game may very well be a preview of the Big 10 Title game at Indianapolis and the two could very well meet up again. As for the Michigan game, I am hearing that the weather here could be a factor as they’re predicting very heavy rain for the evening on Saturday just at the start of the game which should make for very poor field conditions to be playing on. Rain is also forecasted for the Penn State versus Michigan State game as well. So unless you’re willing to watch Wisconsin vs Ohio State on Saturday, you’re best off doing something else instead of wasting your time watching a bunch of College kids play like High School kids instead. Just my two cents.
ed

Unread post by ed »

Stick a fork in Michigan and Michigan State - they are done !
ed

Unread post by ed »

I agree with Denny - looks like Ohio State vs Wisconsin in the Big 10. Michigan almost snatched defeat from the jaws of victory after leading Illinois by over 20 some points to zero. Michigan's lack of offense and poor defense almost lost the game in the third quarter. Harbaugh must have promised the team yet another all expense paid vacation at the start of the fourth quarter, as they started to play football once again. That is likely the last game Michigan will win this year. As for Michigan State, they need to go back to the drawing board and learn the game of football. Most of my day was taken up by watching the Oklahoma and L S U game. Both close games by teams that can play football ( Fla.and Texas are not bad either ). Either one of those four teams could teach the Michigan boys how to play football !
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Well Harbaugh and Michigan continue to surprise people yet again as they blew away Illinois today on the road 42-25 and next up for them is a tough road game next week at Penn State before coming home in two weeks versus Notre Dame. With the win today at Illinois, this now puts Michigan at 5-1 and in third place in the Big 10 East behind Ohio State who’s 6-0 and in first place and Penn State who’s 5-0 and second place but Penn State plays at Iowa this Saturday night which will be a very tough game for each team. Meanwhile, Michigan Stare got crushed and hammered at Wisconsin as expected today 38-0 and this now puts the Wisconsin Badgers at 6-0 and in first place in the Big 10 West Division. It’s looking more and more like it’ll be Ohio State versus Wisconsin for the Big 10 title. Needless to say when Michigan plays Ohio State later this year, go outside and do your leaves and yard work instead of seeing that game on TV and wasting your time as Michigan doesn’t have any chances or prayers in this game! This will be one ugly game for them.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Thanks for that correction Garbear as I noticed that earlier today on the schedule and didn't have the time to make the correction on my post regarding the location of that game. At any rate I don't believe that Michigan and Harbaugh if you will stand a chance with that game on the road in Penn State and then coming back home to play the Irish. I think Michigan really got fortunate and lucky as far as their win versus Iowa. However, after what Ohio State did to Michigan State there is clearly no way in heck that Michigan will beat them at the end of the season! If people thought that last year the Bucks laid the smack on Michigan and embarrassed them, they haven't seen anything yet. With Michigan's offense this year the way they've been and struggled, I could easily see them only getting maybe a field goal possibly versus Ohio State or even then getting shut out completely! Of course I know I'm jumping a bit on this but the way Ohio State is playing right now I think they are a force to be dealt with and Wisconsin on the other hand is almost as good in the West Division as Ohio State in the East. It will probably come down to the Bucks and Badgers for the Big 10 Title this year.
garbear

Unread post by garbear »

I guess posting twice about the Penn State game is more than enough:)
garbear

Unread post by garbear »

Denny wrote:Well I guess Michigan yesterday surprised the heck out of us all with their grueling hard fought win versus Iowa in Ann Arbor and winning it 10-3 and giving the Hawkeyes their first loss. The Wolverines came in ranked 19th so now it will be interesting to see where they move up at in the polls with a few upsets yesterday. Next up for Michigan is on the road at Illinois before playing two tough home games with Penn State and Notre Dame. Maybe Harbaugh just got lucky yesterday but we will soon see if his luck continues with Penn State and Notre Dame which I don’t believe it will but, who am I to say and predict as I would have thought they’d have no chance versus Iowa. Also Ohio State crushed MSU yesterday 34-10 to remain undefeated at 6-0 while MSU dropped to 4-2 and they play at Wisconsin next week who’s 5-0 and undefeated. Like some have said, there may be no stopping the Buckeyes this year and I’ve heard this team could be even better yet without Urban Meyer! Michigan will have no chance and prayers when they face them at the end of the year in Ann Arbor. I’m sure that will likely be Harbaugh’s last and final game as coach and on the Michigan sidelines as I see another crushing and embarrassing loss and if folks thought that last year’s loss was an embarrassment, this year will be worse especially at home I would think and say. Just my two cents and opinions only on this here!

The Penn State game is a road game, not at Ann Arbor.
garbear

Unread post by garbear »

Denny wrote:Well I guess Michigan yesterday surprised the heck out of us all with their grueling hard fought win versus Iowa in Ann Arbor and winning it 10-3 and giving the Hawkeyes their first loss. The Wolverines came in ranked 19th so now it will be interesting to see where they move up at in the polls with a few upsets yesterday. Next up for Michigan is on the road at Illinois before playing two tough home games with Penn State and Notre Dame. Maybe Harbaugh just got lucky yesterday but we will soon see if his luck continues with Penn State and Notre Dame which I don’t believe it will but, who am I to say and predict as I would have thought they’d have no chance versus Iowa. Also Ohio State crushed MSU yesterday 34-10 to remain undefeated at 6-0 while MSU dropped to 4-2 and they play at Wisconsin next week who’s 5-0 and undefeated. Like some have said, there may be no stopping the Buckeyes this year and I’ve heard this team could be even better yet without Urban Meyer! Michigan will have no chance and prayers when they face them at the end of the year in Ann Arbor. I’m sure that will likely be Harbaugh’s last and final game as coach and on the Michigan sidelines as I see another crushing and embarrassing loss and if folks thought that last year’s loss was an embarrassment, this year will be worse especially at home I would think and say. Just my two cents and opinions only on this here!
The Penn State game isn't a home game, it's at Penn State.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Well I guess Michigan yesterday surprised the heck out of us all with their grueling hard fought win versus Iowa in Ann Arbor and winning it 10-3 and giving the Hawkeyes their first loss. The Wolverines came in ranked 19th so now it will be interesting to see where they move up at in the polls with a few upsets yesterday. Next up for Michigan is on the road at Illinois before playing two tough home games with Penn State and Notre Dame. Maybe Harbaugh just got lucky yesterday but we will soon see if his luck continues with Penn State and Notre Dame which I don’t believe it will but, who am I to say and predict as I would have thought they’d have no chance versus Iowa. Also Ohio State crushed MSU yesterday 34-10 to remain undefeated at 6-0 while MSU dropped to 4-2 and they play at Wisconsin next week who’s 5-0 and undefeated. Like some have said, there may be no stopping the Buckeyes this year and I’ve heard this team could be even better yet without Urban Meyer! Michigan will have no chance and prayers when they face them at the end of the year in Ann Arbor. I’m sure that will likely be Harbaugh’s last and final game as coach and on the Michigan sidelines as I see another crushing and embarrassing loss and if folks thought that last year’s loss was an embarrassment, this year will be worse especially at home I would think and say. Just my two cents and opinions only on this here!
ed

Unread post by ed »

Once again, the road to the Big 10 championship runs thru Ohio State country. O S U plays M S U tonight and is favored by almost three touchdowns ( 20 points ). A loss tonight would almost end M S U 's chances for a title.

Michigan plays Iowa and Michigan is favored by 3 1/2 points. I'll take Iowa here and the points. I expect to hear the boo birds before halftime.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

How true that is I guess Bob as he’s yet to beat Ohio State since he took over at Michigan and last year, Ohio State laid the smack on Michigan and embarrassed them. Probably won’t matter too much though but at least this year, Michigan plays them at home in Ann Arbor and also at the Big House! That could possibly be Harbaugh’s last and final game on the sidelines as Michigan’s head football coach. Only time will tell here.
Ohio Bob

Unread post by Ohio Bob »

Speaking as a life-long Buckeye fan, Jim Harbaugh is the best Michigan coach Ohio State has ever had. ;-)
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Good and great point Ed and I agree 100% as they don’t stand any type of chance or prayer for that matter with Iowa, Penn State along with Notre Dame. In my opinion, they shouldn’t even be showing those three games on TV as those games will be a major embarrassment to both Michigan fans at least what’s left of them along with their players and the alumni. Don’t be too concerned about Harbaugh packing his bags yet Ed as his fate was already sealed if you will after they got crushed by Wisconsin. The final nails in the coffin if you will are coming up as I said with those three games with Iowa, Penn State and Notre Dame! What will be interesting is IF Michigan decides to get rid of him then will he coach in the College Ranks, go back to the NFL or possibly call it a career then and retire? I can see two things happening one of which he may become an assistant coach in the NFL or else he goes into the TV broadcast booth for some network. Of course we’ll have to see on that!
ed

Unread post by ed »

From this point forward, in the schedule, we will see what Michigan gets in return for spending millions and millions of dollars on their football program ! If I was Harbaugh I'd start packing my bags.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Well the good news is that yesterday Michigan crushed Rutgers while at home in Ann Arbor 52-0 and that makes them 3-1 now for the season. However, the road now doesn’t get any easier. Next Saturday they are at home versus a 4-0 Iowa team and it seems that they always struggle with Iowa. Then they play at Illinois on October 12 and then it really gets ugly with games at Penn State afterward and then finally back at home on October 26 versus Notre Dame. I only see them winning one game during that stretch and that’s at Illinois. Don’t see too much hope for them playing Iowa, Penn State and Notre Dame. I think Harbaugh is all but done and that stretch of games if you will is gonna really tell the story of this year’s Michigan Football team along with Harbaugh and his future here at Michigan. Maybe Michigan should start now if they haven’t already trying to look for a replacement coach and staff for next year. Next Saturday night Michigan State visits Ohio State in what should be an interesting game. However, Ohio State just keeps rolling and right now they’re 5-0 and ranked 5th in the NCAA while Michigan State is at 4-1 and ranked 25th in the NCAA. Next weekend we should all find out some answers on both Michigan and Michigan State and their seasons!
ed

Unread post by ed »

How in the world did this thread go from football to basketball ? We must have a lot of angry Michigan football fans here ! The entire Michigan football team will be taken on an all expense paid vacation next year to Madison Wisconsin to learn how to play football ! Coach Harbaugh ( with that Deer in the headlight look ) stated that " Next year we'll play the girl scouts first " !