2019 College Football

Open forum for regional discussion. (extension of the Information Search page for off topic & personal discussion)
Ohio Bob

Re: 2019 College Football

Unread post by Ohio Bob »

Speaking as a life-long Buckeye fan, Jim Harbaugh is the best Michigan coach Ohio State has ever had. ;-)
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Good and great point Ed and I agree 100% as they don’t stand any type of chance or prayer for that matter with Iowa, Penn State along with Notre Dame. In my opinion, they shouldn’t even be showing those three games on TV as those games will be a major embarrassment to both Michigan fans at least what’s left of them along with their players and the alumni. Don’t be too concerned about Harbaugh packing his bags yet Ed as his fate was already sealed if you will after they got crushed by Wisconsin. The final nails in the coffin if you will are coming up as I said with those three games with Iowa, Penn State and Notre Dame! What will be interesting is IF Michigan decides to get rid of him then will he coach in the College Ranks, go back to the NFL or possibly call it a career then and retire? I can see two things happening one of which he may become an assistant coach in the NFL or else he goes into the TV broadcast booth for some network. Of course we’ll have to see on that!
ed

Unread post by ed »

From this point forward, in the schedule, we will see what Michigan gets in return for spending millions and millions of dollars on their football program ! If I was Harbaugh I'd start packing my bags.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Well the good news is that yesterday Michigan crushed Rutgers while at home in Ann Arbor 52-0 and that makes them 3-1 now for the season. However, the road now doesn’t get any easier. Next Saturday they are at home versus a 4-0 Iowa team and it seems that they always struggle with Iowa. Then they play at Illinois on October 12 and then it really gets ugly with games at Penn State afterward and then finally back at home on October 26 versus Notre Dame. I only see them winning one game during that stretch and that’s at Illinois. Don’t see too much hope for them playing Iowa, Penn State and Notre Dame. I think Harbaugh is all but done and that stretch of games if you will is gonna really tell the story of this year’s Michigan Football team along with Harbaugh and his future here at Michigan. Maybe Michigan should start now if they haven’t already trying to look for a replacement coach and staff for next year. Next Saturday night Michigan State visits Ohio State in what should be an interesting game. However, Ohio State just keeps rolling and right now they’re 5-0 and ranked 5th in the NCAA while Michigan State is at 4-1 and ranked 25th in the NCAA. Next weekend we should all find out some answers on both Michigan and Michigan State and their seasons!
ed

Unread post by ed »

How in the world did this thread go from football to basketball ? We must have a lot of angry Michigan football fans here ! The entire Michigan football team will be taken on an all expense paid vacation next year to Madison Wisconsin to learn how to play football ! Coach Harbaugh ( with that Deer in the headlight look ) stated that " Next year we'll play the girl scouts first " !
garbear

Unread post by garbear »

Denny wrote:I could not believe that Michigan's Basketball Coach went to the NBA and signed with the Cavs when I heard that news on the TV a long time back. When I was at a cousin's graduation party earlier this year, we all talked about what and how Juwan Howard would do for the Michigan Basketball program. I am also not a big or huge fan of College either. The Basketball program at least ended up with a little bit of success I guess when they had their last head coach. Hopefully now with Juwan Howard, they don't go into the basement and the dunk tank! In talking with my brother last night about Michigan and Ohio State's Football programs, he mentioned that The Ohio State University if you will is sort of like what the Patriots of the NFL are. The point is, the Patriots somehow seem to overcome anything and everything that gets in their way and you could say the same holds true for Ohio State as you look with them at least with Urban Meyer stepping down after last season along with all of the previous scandals that effected the Football Program there and yet somehow the Bucks still seems to recover without so much as a scratch on them. My oldest brother believes that they will also easily win the Big 10 East Division this year as they are still that good enough in the Big 10 even without Urban as their head coach. I also did a search today and correct me if I am wrong but it seemed that when Michigan had Greg Mattison running their Defense were they maybe a touch better than now? It seems like since Don Brown has taken over running the Defense, Michigan has been and played horribly on Defense. Just my two cents only here!
Also thought Greg Mattison was good, but now at OSU. Don Brown was supposedly this defensive guru at Boston College, but haven't seen it at "M".
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

I could not believe that Michigan's Basketball Coach went to the NBA and signed with the Cavs when I heard that news on the TV a long time back. When I was at a cousin's graduation party earlier this year, we all talked about what and how Juwan Howard would do for the Michigan Basketball program. I am also not a big or huge fan of College either. The Basketball program at least ended up with a little bit of success I guess when they had their last head coach. Hopefully now with Juwan Howard, they don't go into the basement and the dunk tank! In talking with my brother last night about Michigan and Ohio State's Football programs, he mentioned that The Ohio State University if you will is sort of like what the Patriots of the NFL are. The point is, the Patriots somehow seem to overcome anything and everything that gets in their way and you could say the same holds true for Ohio State as you look with them at least with Urban Meyer stepping down after last season along with all of the previous scandals that effected the Football Program there and yet somehow the Bucks still seems to recover without so much as a scratch on them. My oldest brother believes that they will also easily win the Big 10 East Division this year as they are still that good enough in the Big 10 even without Urban as their head coach. I also did a search today and correct me if I am wrong but it seemed that when Michigan had Greg Mattison running their Defense were they maybe a touch better than now? It seems like since Don Brown has taken over running the Defense, Michigan has been and played horribly on Defense. Just my two cents only here!
ed

Unread post by ed »

The entire Michigan basketball team needs to be taken on an all expense paid vacation - just like the football team. That way they can BUY talent !
garbear

Unread post by garbear »

Be very curious to see what Juwan Howard does with the "M" basketball program.
mopar tim

Unread post by mopar tim »

Exactly right Ed. You can't buy a team now i'm not much for college sports but it is plain to see the problems with this program. Over paid coaching staff,Less than average players,poor recruiting and a lack of the old time pride Michigan teams used to have. Just my 2 cents here.
ed

Unread post by ed »

For years Michigan has spent more money, per player, on their football program than any other Michigan team. They have the highest paid coaching staff in Michigan. They take their players on all expense paid vacations to Italy, Africa and many other exotic places ! I fault the Big 10 for allowing this to happen. Now the Michigan fans are starting to turn on their players and coaching staff ( just as I predicted ). For years Michigan has BOUGHT their way into the Big 10 standings. Wisconsin spends a fraction of the money that Michigan spends on their football program AND they were leading Michigan 30 something to ZERO in the third quarter. My point here - MONEY can NOT buy a great football program !
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Apparently I along with many others must feel and think the same thing and way about dismissing Harbaugh as coach as there is a story about that on my current computer home page after today's embarrassing loss to Wisconsin. It's only a matter of time before Harbaugh is shown the way out of Ann Arbor. If Michigan had any sense and smarts, they would start preparing now for Harbaugh's departure and start planning for the future as far as who would be the one to replace him and return the program to glory and bring home not only a Big 10 Title again someday but perhaps maybe even a National Title as well. Obviously Harbaugh is now the savior anymore that Michigan fans and alumni had hoped and prayed for!
Denny

2019 College Football

Unread post by Denny »

Hey everybody I decided to start a new thread and post here as far as College Football for 2019 goes. I figured on doing this post and thread here rather than to go off topic and subject like I did on my Update from Denny post. So, I’m hoping that with this thread and post we can all talk about this year’s College Football but for Michigan lately there isn’t too much to talk about with them. They got crushed to at Wisconsin 35-14 and are now 2-1 and 0-1 in the Big 10. They have a tough and brutal schedule ahead with games as far as with Iowa, Penn State along with Notre Dame and of course later in the year with Michigan State and Ohio State. Personally I think after this season, Harbaugh could be out at Michigan since he’s never won the Big 10 yet there and odds are it does not look like he will this year either. They’ve struggled in their first two games and with today’s blowout loss and rout to Wisconsin changes I’m assuming may be coming at Michigan after this season. At least good news is that Michigan State is 3-1 and doing much better but they too have a tough and brutal schedule in October with games being played with Wisconsin and Ohio State. Anyone care to add their comments?