Detroit Tigers Future

Open forum for regional discussion. (extension of the Information Search page for off topic & personal discussion)
ed

Re: Detroit Tigers Future

Unread post by ed »

So you say your tired of supporting a Major League baseball team with Little League talent ? You say your tired of paying $ 30.00 to park your car ? Your tired of paying $ 8.00 for a beer and $ 5.00 for a hot dog ? All this to support a team who is 64 games under 500 and without a doubt the worse team in baseball !

Next year pile your family into your car and drive out to Jimmy John's ball park. Park for free, buy the family good tickets, buy everyone a hot dog and a beer and watch a team play a great game of baseball -- all for under $ 50.00 !
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Well you can add 110 losses and counting now for the Tigers as they are losing at the moment last I heard 4-2 to the Twins and they’re about done with that game. For the life of me I can’t even begin to imagine next Spring just who in the heck would even pay or want to get any type of season tickets for this bunch of losers and high school and also college kids as that’s what they are to me! The Tigers and Chris Illitch might just as well give away free tickets next year as nobody will want to pay and see this team play next season after their horrific season this year. I’ll bet after this year both their attendance and sales on their merchandise go way down the tube and drain. The ones I feel the most for here folks are the young fans the kids if you will. There sure hasn’t been much for them to cheer about this year with this team along with their players. The end just can’t come soon enough this year for the Tigers, players and their fans. It’s too bad when they hired Ausmus a few years back as their manager, they didn’t get Joe Madden instead as I think they could’ve went to the World Series and maybe even won it with him as their manager. Of course we will never ever know that one!
garbear

Unread post by garbear »

First off, the Tigers didn't get Ron Gardenhire from the Twins, he was bench coach with the Diamondbacks after. He was roughly 3 yrs. away from the Twins when the Tigers hired him.
The thing I don't understand with the Tigers when they fired Dombrowski they kept his #1 man. If you decide to get rid of #1 you make it a clean sweep. That's what the Twins did and see where they are now. They had a couple bad yrs., but they made the turnaround.
Been a Tiger fan since growing up in Arcadia, MI, so I've been a fan for roughly 60 yrs. Charlie Maxwell was one of my favorite players. So were Norm Cash, Al Kaline, and Bill Freehan. Just hope they can turn it around
Jared

Unread post by Jared »

I think the Wings will do okay this year. I think we've reached our low and will bound up. Though I think we wont be cup contenders for 8 years or more.
mopar tim

Unread post by mopar tim »

As far as the Tigers go, they are rebuilding so it's going to take a few years before they are any good again. The have great players in the minors and are on pace to pick first in the Draft again this year. The players they have now are just filler until the others are ready.
ed

Unread post by ed »

O yes - the Detroit Tigers. It is quite clear to sport fans here in Detroit that the Illich flame has gone out ! Both the Tigers and the Red Wings put minor league players, with no idea how to play their sport, in the arena to collect BIG pay checks. When Mr. I passed the flame, and passion to win, was extinguished. The Tigers will NEVER become a contender with Al Avila as G M. I can NOT believe he even has a job in baseball. With seven special assistants, one would think that Al has all the help he would need in making trades etc. It's time they clean house here.

Now for the Red Wings. How much longer will we see a minor league coach try to become an N H L coach ? I predict this team will NOT make the play offs once again this year. They will be out of the picture by this first of 2020. Time for BIG changes here Steve.

To Chris Illitch -- Put your BIG BOY pants on Chris and make BIG changes - PLEASE.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Well the Tigers have done it again everyone as you can add one more yet to the loss column again tonight and now they have lost an incredible 109 games now. It is very interesting if you look at these stats. First, the Minnesota Twins to whom Ron Gardenhire once managed has won so far at least 95 games and are poised to win at least 100 or more and make the playoffs this year and also eventually clinch the AL Central Division. Meanwhile the Houston Astros with Justin Verlander and Yes I did say that, have won over 100 games and will be making the playoffs yet again this season. Too bad and a shame that the Tigers dealt away Verlander as they could sure use him in their pitching rotation and help right about now that's for sure. For Tiger fans, this nightmare season cannot go away and end soon enough!
Denny

Detroit Tigers Future

Unread post by Denny »

Thought I’d start a new thread and post here on the Detroit Tigers and the future with them. Currently their record is 45-108 and the worst they have for losses was in 2003 when they lost 119 games that year under then manager Alan Trammell. In October 2017, the Tigers hired manager Ron Gardenhire from Minnesota to try and fix the mess that was created when Brad Ausmus took over from Jim Leyland. In 2014, I think it was when Ausmus led the Tigers to the playoffs in his first year only to be swept out of the first round by Baltimore. That was the only good year under Ausmus as he was canned after the 2017 baseball season for Gardenhire. What many don’t understand and recall is sure Ausmus led them to the playoffs in his first year but, remember he also inherited that team from Jim Leyland if you will. Ausmus “Never” ever did anything to help the Tigers get better and then GM Dombrowski was let go and replaced by Al Avila. Point is, that Avila IMO anyway has made this team worse and an embarrassment and disgrace and what’s more is earlier this year the Tigers yet extended his contract rather than fire the guy for what he’s done to the Tigers. With the 2017 death of their owner Mike Illitch, the team is now run by his son Christopher who also owns the Red Wings. Over the last few years, the Tigers got rid of many of their talented players now for youth and my brother once said that many of their players should not even be here playing for Detroit in the first place. Now they’re stuck with Miguel Cabrera and giving him a huge contract for what purpose? The guy isn’t young anymore and it seems he’s struggled and injured more than he plays. I don’t even know if they can get rid of Gardenhire since he signed a 3-year deal back in 2017 but after losing 98 games last season and over 100 this year I’d say get rid of him now as sooner or later the bleeding has to stop and the rebuilding of the Tigers has to begin probably at the top with both a new GM and manager. Anyone like to add in their comments here?