The Telescope

Open forum for regional discussion. (extension of the Information Search page for off topic & personal discussion)
jim1

Re: The Telescope

Unread post by jim1 »

guest yes it is, however i am of the same opinion as you. as you say lots of racing boat stuff, then again i think the dossin museum is named at the dossin family who operated a pepsi bottling company and were big in speed boat racing ie "miss pepse" perhaps the telescope needs to reinvent itself.

Re: The Telescope

Unread post by Guest »

I know for several years in the early 2000s it seemed to be done intermittently. A lot of the content was also recycled from earlier issues and seemed to diverge somewhat more toward racing boat history in several of the issues. It was definitely a change between the way it was published in the 1980s to 1990s time period which is probably when the publication, in my opinion, reached its peak. The unreliability of the issues and some of the other changes eventually led me to no longer remain a member of GLMI after 20+ years. I have seen a few later issues that were printed in a somewhat smaller format of approximately 5 x 7 in size. I would also be interested to know the current status is of the publication.
Old Man

The Telescope

Unread post by Old Man »

Is the "Telescope" still published?