RC Tug

Discussion forum for Model Builders. Static models to R/C.
Mr Link

Re: RC Tug

Unread post by Mr Link »

Looks like fun. Is that a modified Revell Harbour Tug model in between the two larger tugs? If I ever get back to modeling I hope to try and use the hull from one of those as a freelanced HO scale fish tug. It would be about 63 scale feet long, so on the big side for a Great Lakes fish tug, but some prototypes are that long. I motorized a Revell Harbour tug kit ions ago as a teenager, but that was long before I even knew what remote control was. You just turned it on and set the rudder and let it go in circles.

Anyway, it would be tight fit but I think 2 micro servos (one converted for propulsion), a receiver and a battery would fit and float in that tiny hull, but it might take a bit of planning.
Lucius

RC Tug

Unread post by Lucius »

Here is a tug I am working on as inspired by the other modelers. The one in the back is a stock Lindberg Kit converted to RC. And now trying my hand at modifying another kit to be a “railroad tug”. Thank you Tom Hynes, N. Schultheiss, Richard Jenkins and Matt Duncan for all the info they have posted for others to read and study! Thanks boatnerd people!
Attachments
Tug.jpg