New Channel article about windmill parts

Open forum for regional discussion. (extension of the Information Search page for off topic & personal discussion)
wlbblw

Re: New Channel article about windmill parts

Unread post by wlbblw »

A few years ago, a load of parts went to Duluth first, and was then transloaded onto a barge for delivery to Buffalo. Recently, an expansion of our wind project located in nearby Lackawanna was announced, If anyone hears of any more such movements, please let me know, so I can keep an eye out for the delivery run here. Thanks in advance.

-B in B
sinead

New Channel article about windmill parts

Unread post by sinead »

Intersting to read this headline article on the New channel this morning.

Duluth moves first wind components by rail
"The shipment of 24 Siemens wind turbine nacelles and spinners/cones (plus 33 containers) currently being loaded onto specialty rail cars at the Clure Public Marine Terminal, actually arrived in Duluth from Denmark aboard the Metsaborg two weeks ago and has been securely stored in satellite laydown yards at the terminal." Hubby and I were there as the nacelles were being off-loaded from the Metsaborg. We watched the operation from the bridge of the Metsaborg. We had a wonderful tour of the saltie and enjoyed the hospitality of the crew. The nacelles are huge as are the cones. The ship is immaculate and I remarked about the cleanliness of the hold where the nacelles were stored for their trip from Denmark. Quite an exciting opportunity for us.