Heerengracht Leaving Lake Superior Empty

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.

Re: Heerengracht Leaving Lake Superior Empty

Unread post by Guest »

Shes heading to Chicago to load Locomotives for overseas
garbear

Unread post by garbear »

Guest wrote:It seems accurate as she is currently approaching the straits of mackinaw with a Chicago destination.

Does anyone know how often vessels load at COFCO? Also, any idea what grain they load there?

Thanks!
I would think they loaded corn. Some years between S. Chicago, Milwaukee, and Burns Harbor you'd see 15-20 boats load grain, but not this year. Probably between the 3, maybe 2, and probably 1 from S. Chicago.

Unread post by Guest »

It seems accurate as she is currently approaching the straits of mackinaw with a Chicago destination.

Does anyone know how often vessels load at COFCO? Also, any idea what grain they load there?

Thanks!
garbear

Unread post by garbear »

Guest wrote:I saw in the port reports today she left Duluth empty for Chicago. This seems odd as most salties I see either load in Duluth or Thunder Bay before heading down bound. Any ideas on what she will be loading in Chicago.

Thanks in advance!
probably wrong, but could be loading grain at COFCO.

Heerengracht Leaving Lake Superior Empty

Unread post by Guest »

I saw in the port reports today she left Duluth empty for Chicago. This seems odd as most salties I see either load in Duluth or Thunder Bay before heading down bound. Any ideas on what she will be loading in Chicago.

Thanks in advance!