Soo Photo Option Help

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
Denny

Re: Soo Photo Option Help

Unread post by Denny »

Thanks guys much appreciated. I'll definitely have to look into that and give it a try on a few vessels. Just looking for some different ideas to try while I'm up there. Need to take them at different areas and angles. A bit off subject and sorry for that but, just to say that in 2010 I actually got two upbounders as Mission Point with one of the large rock boulders in it if you know what I mean? That in itself made a huge difference on my photo ops and until then I've never done that before. So, that's what I'm talking about is getting photos from different angles this time. Thanks again for the tips and advice and hope I get some great shots up there soon!
BigRiver

Unread post by BigRiver »

Mornings on the island side.
Hermie Phillips

Unread post by Hermie Phillips »

Denny, Try this site. You can tell the angle of the sun at any given time throughout the year.

http://suncalc.net/#/43.0622,-86.2381,1 ... 7.15/23:02
Denny

Soo Photo Option Help

Unread post by Denny »

Was wondering if some of you folks could help out. If taking photos from across the St. Marys River on the Sugar Island side where the ferry crosses, "What is the best time of the day that you would say for taking photos from the Island side?" My guess with the sun up in the mornings would be mid to late afternoon toward evening for any upbound traffic. For downbounds more than likely mornings are your best bet with the sun on the east side as at least you get good bow shots when their down in the mornings compared to up in the mornings. Hopefully I'm making some sense out of all this by my explanation? Was hoping to try sometime going over to the Island as I've never done that and try to take some photos from that vantage point. Also, what about the Tower of History and the best times of the day to be up there for photos? Again probably like at Mission Point as far as Mornings are bad for upbound but downbounds are fine and late afternoon to evenings at least the upbounds are good but downbounds are rough with the sunlight. Anyone that can provide some insight on this is appreciated here. Thanks so much in advance for any help and information you got.