Unloading rates

Open forum for regional discussion. (extension of the Information Search page for off topic & personal discussion)

Re: Unloading rates

Unread post by Guest »

I would also like to add that the skill of the operator along with the balance of the unloading crew was a factor in the actual unloading rates.

Unread post by Guest »

The unloading rates for Huletts at particular docks depended on the number of machines at the dock, the size of the bucket and their condition. And as another poster said, spillage and breakdowns - which became more common as the Huletts aged.

For example, the A&B Dock in Ashtabula had four, 17-ton Huletts with a combined hourly caoacity of 2,500 tons.

But at the C&P dock in Cleveland, their four, 17-ton Huletts had a combined hourly unloading capacity of 3,300 tons. An 800 ton difference from A&B and one of the reasons why the C&P dock's Huletts remained in operation far longer than most.
Darryl

Unread post by Darryl »

Opinion of one scenario: The American Courage can probably unload 23000 tons of ore in 4-6 hours. A straight deck boat with the same tonnage under four well working Huletts maybe 8 hours. I'll be interested in what others have to say. Huletts would have tons of spillage, tractors in the holds, shovelers...
John Sherwin

Unloading rates

Unread post by John Sherwin »

As I sit here Thursday noonish watching the American courage unload in Ashtabula I was wondering how the unloading rates compare between a self unloader and the Huletts. Any ideas?