Thunder Bay

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
Denny

Re: Thunder Bay

Unread post by Denny »

Thanks Brian as your information helps some. Wish I knew of someone there that might have seen or knows more specifically as far as when exactly they moved the Thunder Bay into the drydock and then when they moved the American Integrity out of there? There was no reports mentioned as far as I can recall here on the boatnerd news and I did not see anything mentioned of them moving the ships around on Facebook. Thanks again for your help and information though. If anyone can still help shed some light as far as when the ship movements took place I would appreciate your help and information. Thank You in advance.

Unread post by Guest »

The Thunder Bay has been in the graving dock since at least March 15 from photos posted to the FB - Bay Shipbuilding Fan Photos and Information Page.

The new Van Enkevort barge is coming along quite nicely. It's docked opposite of the John G. Munson.

- Brian
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Could someone from Sturgeon Bay, either Bob+ who keeps tabs on the ship movements there or anyone else for that matter help answer a few questions that I have from an earlier post? I was wondering and still am, is the CSL Thunder Bay in the large graving dock now and if so when did this move take place specifically and in detail? Also, is American Integrity out of the large graving dock now and when then did this move happen? I am asking all of this because I am certain that I saw a photo once on the KYS Facebook from someone in Sturgeon Bay that showed what at the time, appeared to be the CSL Thunder Bay in drydock and also the American Integrity out of the drydock and put next to it. Anyone that has any news, updates and information on this I would appreciate very much hearing from you. Thank you in advance for your help and information.

Unread post by Guest »

You are correct tugboathunter they are being upgraded for Nova Scotia class to replace the salarium and Huron
tugboathunter

Unread post by tugboathunter »

The Whitefish Bay and Baie Comeau are both in drydock in Les Mechins. It is possible the whole class is being upgraded for coastal service to allow the retirement of the Atlantic Huron and Salarium.

The Thunder Bay has also made at least one trip out to Nova Scotia before, possibly on some kind of permit or test trip.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Are they now in the large graving dock and if so, when then did this happen and take place? I thought I saw photos of what appeared to be the Thunder Bay in drydock and the American Integrity out. Have not seen any new reports or updates lately from Sturgeon Bay. Any news and or updates and information is appreciated. Thanks.
algowest

Unread post by algowest »

Only Baie St. Paul was upgraded to Nova Scotia class. She's in Halifax. Thunder Bay was likely in for 5 year drydocking.

Unread post by Guest »

I believe the Trillium-class vessels are Nova Scotia-classed. Perhaps she's being strengthened for Caribbean-class.
drydock

Thunder Bay

Unread post by drydock »

What are they doing on the Thunder Bay at Bay Ship. Amidships, they are welding what look like flanges on the hull where it meets the deck. Is this to strengthen the hull?