Ship in the soo locks?

Open forum for regional discussion. (extension of the Information Search page for off topic & personal discussion)

Re: Ship in the soo locks?

Unread post by Guest »

Richard wrote:The ship that you saw may have been getting ready to load a grain cargo in Thunder Bay or in Duluth thus, it had its hatches open to air out the cargo hold. Many salties will do this prior to loading a grain cargo.
You are correct. The ship was the Richelieu and she was heading for Thunder Bay to load grain.
chaz

Unread post by chaz »

thank you
standuffer

Unread post by standuffer »

chaz wrote:I saw this ship today and its obviously a salty but can anyone tell me when the middle hatches are open? Thanks
I would assume that those hatches would be opened when cargo is loaded or unloaded or as above when the hold is drying.
Richard

Unread post by Richard »

The ship that you saw may have been getting ready to load a grain cargo in Thunder Bay or in Duluth thus, it had its hatches open to air out the cargo hold. Many salties will do this prior to loading a grain cargo.
chaz

Ship in the soo locks?

Unread post by chaz »

I saw this ship today and its obviously a salty but can anyone tell me when the middle hatches are open? Thanks
Attachments
cam2.jpg
cam2.jpg (13.88 KiB) Viewed 3017 times