Thank you ChrisW, Cosmic_Charlie, and Leo. You are all very generous, and extremely helpful. I guess I should develop more skills in researching ships and maritime history!
In 1968 I worked on three Upper Lakes shipping ships: R. Bruce Angus (as a deck cadet), M.V. Wheat King, and S.S. Ontario ...
Search found 3 matches
- February 12, 2012, 4:13 pm
- Forum: Information Search
- Topic: Photos of M.V. Wheat King
- Replies: 6
- Views: 1514
- February 12, 2012, 3:03 pm
- Forum: Information Search
- Topic: Photos of M.V. Wheat King
- Replies: 6
- Views: 1514
Photos of M.V. Wheat King
Greetings to all,
In 1968 I was a deckhand (O.S.) on the M.V. Wheat King, under Captain James Hartford. In the fall of that year I left her to join the S.S. Ontario Power.
I would really appreciate it if someone had pictures of the Wheat king. I am quite sentimental about the old lady, and would ...
In 1968 I was a deckhand (O.S.) on the M.V. Wheat King, under Captain James Hartford. In the fall of that year I left her to join the S.S. Ontario Power.
I would really appreciate it if someone had pictures of the Wheat king. I am quite sentimental about the old lady, and would ...
- June 15, 2011, 7:26 pm
- Forum: Information Search
- Topic: Great Lakes Red Books
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2120
Re: Great Lakes Red Books
Hello everyone
I have just joined this very interesting site, and having sailed on the Great Lakes, I am curious to learn more.
For example, what are the Red Books? Do I assume correctly from your comments that they used to list personnel manning the ships? That would be great, I could find out who ...
I have just joined this very interesting site, and having sailed on the Great Lakes, I am curious to learn more.
For example, what are the Red Books? Do I assume correctly from your comments that they used to list personnel manning the ships? That would be great, I could find out who ...