First freighter of 2016 at Algonac State Park

Open forum for regional discussion. (extension of the Information Search page for off topic & personal discussion)
tugboathunter

Re: First freighter of 2016 at Algonac State Park

Unread post by tugboathunter »

She's getting her 5-year in Toledo.
cpfan
Posts: 790
Joined: March 29, 2010, 2:04 pm
Location: Welland Ontario

Re: First freighter of 2016 at Algonac State Park

Unread post by cpfan »

Bookworm wrote:
cpfan wrote:Don:

Since she is apparently headed to dry dock in Toledo, I'm not sure that this counts as the first freighter of the season.

Steve
I've not seen this information before. Boatnerd 2015-16 lay-up only shows her sailing (from Sarnia lay-up) on March 10, 2016. Can you give us more specifics? Thanks.
I have no details on why it is in dry dock. Just that people have been mentioning for a couple of weeks that she is headed to dry dock.

I just checked Marine Traffic before replying here. If you zoom in on the ship, and change the background to satellite, you can see that she is in drydock.

As to the BoatNerd layup info...it does not show why a ship leaves layup. She did leave layup in Sarnia. But, in a way, she has now begun another layup in Toledo.

Sarnia
Bookworm

Re: First freighter of 2016 at Algonac State Park

Unread post by Bookworm »

cpfan wrote:Don:

Since she is apparently headed to dry dock in Toledo, I'm not sure that this counts as the first freighter of the season.

Steve
I've not seen this information before. Boatnerd 2015-16 lay-up only shows her sailing (from Sarnia lay-up) on March 10, 2016. Can you give us more specifics? Thanks.
cpfan
Posts: 790
Joined: March 29, 2010, 2:04 pm
Location: Welland Ontario

Re: First freighter of 2016 at Algonac State Park

Unread post by cpfan »

Don:

Since she is apparently headed to dry dock in Toledo, I'm not sure that this counts as the first freighter of the season.

Also when does the season start & end because there's been two tankers (and two cement tug/barges?) running past there all year.

Steve
Don_Detloff
Posts: 136
Joined: December 6, 2014, 5:37 pm
Location: Fair Haven, MI

First freighter of 2016 at Algonac State Park

Unread post by Don_Detloff »

Saginaw was the first freighter of the season passing Algonac State Park Thursday morning, March 10, 2016.

- Don Detloff
Attachments
DJD_NIKON Df_20160310_11_56_00001-Edit.jpg
Post Reply