That would be difficult to figure out. The third canal was in use until 1933 during which year certain sections were filled, so there would be three years of traffic on both the new and old Welland canals concurrently.Does anybody know what were the last ships to use the Third Welland Canal? Or, where I could find this out?
Last Ships To Use Third Welland Canal
-
William Lafferty
- Posts: 1564
- Joined: March 13, 2010, 10:51 am
Re: Last Ships To Use Third Welland Canal
-
Guest
Re: Last Ships To Use Third Welland Canal
Mike, try the FB page Friends of the Welland Canal. Perhaps someone there can answer your question. I'm curious myself.
Last Ships To Use Third Welland Canal
Does anybody know what were the last ships to use the Third Welland Canal? Or, where I could find this out?
Are there any of these ships still in use? Museums? Laid up?
My grandfather and great uncle transited the Third Welland Canal when they immigrated to Canada. I'm truly eager to find out as much as possible as I'm trying to trace this side of my family and their experience here in Canada / North America.
Thanks in advance,
M.
Are there any of these ships still in use? Museums? Laid up?
My grandfather and great uncle transited the Third Welland Canal when they immigrated to Canada. I'm truly eager to find out as much as possible as I'm trying to trace this side of my family and their experience here in Canada / North America.
Thanks in advance,
M.