Back-up for RECOR

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
StClairBN

Re: Back-up for RECOR

Unread post by StClairBN »

American Century was at the dock for close to 38 hours. I suspect that the problem is with the Recor side of the unload system as i suspect that the Century would have pulled out to fix her problem if it was that severe. At this point, Indy Harbour is downbound just below Stag Island so I suspect that ship to ship communications has indicated that PRT is close to finished unloading 1/2 a load. That would have taken roughly 10 hours which is fairly normal for a 1/2 load.

Regards, John
Denny

Re: Back-up for RECOR

Unread post by Denny »

Hi Bookworm. Yes I agree as today would've been a good and great footer day on the river however I was only able though to see and get the James R. Barker downbound during the latter part of the day as the Paul R. Tregurtha got underway from anchorage in lower Lake Huron during the evening thus by the time they got down to Port Huron and beyond, it was then too late for me to see her and stay thus I had to leave the river by 6:30 to be home at about an hour later and avoid driving in the dark something that I am truly and definitely NOT used to doing which is very challenging for me to say the least! Regarding the American Century though at the St. Clair Power Plant unloading. I have to believe this would be an "unofficial if you will record for the longest unload by a vessel at the St. Clair Power Plant?" I've seen some loads take 24 hours or a bit longer than that but, today's unload by the Century has got to surely be a record for the longest unload there I would say on this! My guess is obviously there was some mechanical breakdown with the unloading somewhere rather at the Power Plant itself or with the American Century to have it take so long then to unload her. The Indiana Harbor I heard was going to anchor to wait for a clear dock at Recor after the PRT departs which should be sometime on Saturday and then the Indiana Harbor should be coming down with her unload. So Saturday and Sunday both could be busy and fun with the footer traffic at Recor. The PRT will most likely be back up on Sunday from Monroe and the Indiana Harbor will probably be up from Recor also sometime on Sunday. Have fun folks with all this!
Bookworm

Back-up for RECOR

Unread post by Bookworm »

According to AIS (09:30 Friday), American Century is still at the dock.
PRT is in the anchorage above Port Huron.
Indiana Harbor is in upper Lake Huron.
Additionally, James R. Barker (Nanticoke) is approaching the"Thumb."
If you need a Footer Fix, this is the day!