Burns Harbor to Toledo

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
Denny

Re: Burns Harbor to Toledo

Unread post by Denny »

Heads up again boatnerd as the Burns Harbor is downbound in Lake Huron and should be passing through the St. Clair and Detroit Rivers in daylight hours today. Better have your cameras and videos ready as they don’t come down here too often. The Burns Harbor is light and in ballast heading for Toledo and Winter Layup as well. This will be their first time ever laying up in Toledo as will the Paul R. Tregurtha as well. It looks like there may be at least 6 of the 1,000 footers laying up in Toledo this winter? I don’t know what the most and record is for that but, that number has to be close!
Denny

Burns Harbor to Toledo

Unread post by Denny »

Heads up boatnerds as the 1,000 footer Burns Harbor will be making a very rare visit soon on the St. Clair and Detroit Rivers. They will soon be heading to Toledo for Winter layup and thus will also be a first that I’m aware of as far as them laying up in Toledo as I don’t recall and remember them ever laying up in Toledo before? This will also make two then 1,000 footers both the Burns Harbor and Paul R. Tregurtha both of which making their first ever layups in Toledo! Hoping that someone can get and take photos of them and share them here on boatnerd someday. Thanks.