VTB to Dearborn

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
Jon Paul

Re: VTB to Dearborn

Unread post by Jon Paul »

Thank you for all the responses. Just another instance of VTB providing versatility in its fleet servicing Cliffs.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Just checked their stats in the latest Know Your Ships Book. Indeed total length with tug and barge included is 857 feet long and also their beam or width then would be at 78 feet. So, Yes indeed they would be the longest and widest vessel ever to navigate the Rouge River in Dearborn then!

Unread post by Guest »

Hats off to the captain of the Dirk VanEnkevort! Not only is it longer than any others it is also wider than most that transit the upper river.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Not 100% sure but, I thought I saw it listed in Know Your Ships as 857 or so total feet in length?
Fr8ers68

Unread post by Fr8ers68 »

Yes it was her first time to Dearborn. What is the overall length of the Dirk and Trader together? Lee A is 826.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

It may be but not sure Jon Paul? I too was surprised to see them unload there as at first I thought maybe they were going to fuel in Detroit then unload somewhere down at a port on Lake Erie. With their size combined as far as the tug and barge both, would they be the longest vessel to go up the Rouge River and unload at Dearborn? I’m not sure though if the Clyde and Erie Trader or the Joyce and Great Lakes Trader have been up the Rouge and gone into Dearborn or not?
Jon Paul

VTB to Dearborn

Unread post by Jon Paul »

The Dirk/Michigan Trader finished their season delivering from Marquette to Cliffs Dearborn. Is this the only trip this year for VTB to that unloading port which is usually serviced by Interlake?