Presque Isle 50 year logos

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
Denny

Re: Presque Isle 50 year logos

Unread post by Denny »

Thanks Pat as I too saw them on the Duluth Harbor Cam website and saw that they still had their 50 year logos on the bridge wings of the tug’s pilothouse. Thanks for that update Pat much appreciated! Hopefully I’ll get lucky and see them sometime in 2024 on the St. Clair River then.
Pat

Unread post by Pat »

Denny,

I watched the PI go out of Duluth on Friday and the 50-year logo was on the front side of the port bridge wing. Hope that helps!
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

In photos posted this week on the Port Report, it looks and appears that the Presque tug still has its 50 years of service logos painted on its pilothouse? So, although I didn’t get to see them in 2023 on the St. Clair River hopefully I’ll get lucky and see them during the 2024 season sometime on the St. Clair River.
Denny

Presque Isle 50 year logos

Unread post by Denny »

Noticed in photos taken during the 2023 Shipping Season, the tug portion of the Presque Isle had logos on its pilothouse commemorating their 50 years of sailing on the Great Lakes. Unfortunately I never got the chance or the opportunity to see and photograph them last year in 2023 with that logo. Has anyone seen or knows IF the Presque Isle still has that 50 year logo on its pilothouse for the 2024 season or was this just a one year only thing then for them to have? The logo I’m referring to would be similiar to what both the Anderson and the Clarke had in 2022 when each vessel celebrated 70 years sailing on the Great Lakes. The Anderson and Clarke both have their 70 year logos on them although now it’s been 2 years already since they were painted on those two. I haven’t yet seen any type of up close photos or video of the Presque Isle yet! If anyone knows rather they still have the 50 year logo on them, I would very much and greatly appreciate any information then. Thanks in advance for any help and information you may have on them, photos and video.