CSL Georgian Bay
-
Capt R Metz
Re: CSL Georgian Bay
I sail as 3rd. Mate on her in 1973 & Carl Norton was the skipper & Allen Dodge was 1St. Mate. We had quite a few trips into Georgian Bay area. I like the ship and she was a nice looking .
-
paperman
Re: CSL Georgian Bay
I sailed on that ship in 71, it wasn't one of my favorite vessels...
-
Guest
Re: CSL Georgian Bay
Thank-you to everyone who replied.Hey Seadog,wondering if you might have been aboard her the summer we ran into the wall at the eisenhour lock and had to sail all the way to Thunder Bay dry docks with a huge hole in her bow?
-
seadog
Re: CSL Georgian Bay
when i worked on the ss georgian bay in the 70s she was registered in collingwood not montreal
Re: Looking for information
According to BGSU - http://ul.bgsu.edu/cgi-bin/xvsl2.cgi she was scrapped in Turkey Oct 1989
-
ampeater
CSL Georgian Bay
Looking to find information about "Georgian Bay" a CSL ship which I sailed on in 1973. Can anyone tell me the best place to find such information. I believe we sailed into the port of Midland, Ont. on occasion and would also like to know if there is somewhere to search for crew lists, etc. The ship was built in 1954, thank-you