Page 2 of 2

Re: Maritime Trader

Posted: April 8, 2011, 12:29 pm
by Guest
Guest wrote:I am also a bit suprised by this news, I thought not only was Lower Lakes pretty much running this boat that they had an option to buy it, which it seems suprising that they wouldn't pick up that option, but rather allow it to possibly slip into the hands of another low cost competitor, provided a low cost competitor could secure contracts for the vessel.
Voyageur Marine is under bankruptcy protection and bankruptcy auction procedures must be followed.

Re: Maritime Trader

Posted: April 8, 2011, 12:07 pm
by Guest
I am also a bit suprised by this news, I thought not only was Lower Lakes pretty much running this boat that they had an option to buy it, which it seems suprising that they wouldn't pick up that option, but rather allow it to possibly slip into the hands of another low cost competitor, provided a low cost competitor could secure contracts for the vessel.

Re: Maritime Trader

Posted: April 8, 2011, 11:25 am
by TWilush
I suppose the grain contract she was employed under has expired?

Re: Maritime Trader

Posted: April 8, 2011, 11:06 am
by Guest
Why is LLT not running this vessel? I was under the assumption that they were basically the ones running it anyway.

Maritime Trader

Posted: April 8, 2011, 9:01 am
by Mac Mackay
I see that Marcon International shipbrokers have been appointed to sell Maritime Trader by court order.
Their file # is GS 17934.