Musings

Open forum for regional discussion. (extension of the Information Search page for off topic & personal discussion)
garbear

Re: Musings

Unread post by garbear »

Bookworm wrote:The findings from my heart catheterization/angiogram were surprising.
If I understand correctly, the artery that should angle down to supply blood to the lower left corner just stops. There is no blockage. Instead, small veins branch off of it and provide blood to the area. Although I get "winded" with exertion but have never experienced pain, the surgeon recommended taking no action.
I'm to rest (and not drive) the next three days -- while Lee A passes less than a mile away on her way to Ashtabula!
Prayers do work.
Gary
Paul A

Unread post by Paul A »

No surgery is great news! Rest up and heal from your procedure and I look forward to your next post. Paul
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Dawn that is certainly good news that you don't have any type of serious blockage or need any serious type of surgery or operation. My thoughts and prayers are with you my friend as you take some much needed time to rest, recover and heal from your illness and also please do and take your doctor's advice and listen to what he or she is saying and telling you. Just try to take it easy and get some much needed rest and relaxation especially with the holidays just around the corner as I know from my own personal experience how busy, hectic, crazy and stressful this time of year can be to us. We all here boatnerd send along our very best to you and we hope you get better soon and have many more good years ahead of you as we enjoy your posts and your photos as well. God Bless You!
Bookworm

Unread post by Bookworm »

The findings from my heart catheterization/angiogram were surprising.
If I understand correctly, the artery that should angle down to supply blood to the lower left corner just stops. There is no blockage. Instead, small veins branch off of it and provide blood to the area. Although I get "winded" with exertion but have never experienced pain, the surgeon recommended taking no action.
I'm to rest (and not drive) the next three days -- while Lee A passes less than a mile away on her way to Ashtabula!
Bookworm

Denny wrote:Thinking of you Dawn my friend and sending thoughts and prayers as well to you my good and dear friend. Just try to slow down and take it easy and give and allow yourself time to rest and relax. Try listening to some Christmas music on 100.3 Detroit’s Christmas Radio Station and also try reading a good book or watching some Christmas specials on the TV all might help. Just some thoughts and ideas. God Bless you and have yourself a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Take care.
Very good ideas, Denny. I have six books I try to read each Christmas and just finished the 3rd one. I'm listening to my Christmas music CDs and LPs (can't bring in the radio station you recommended). Also watched (You Tube) "Christmas on Division Street, with Hugh Cronyn. So, guess I've been taking your advice all along! A blessed Christmas and New Year to you.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Thinking of you Dawn my friend and sending thoughts and prayers as well to you my good and dear friend. Just try to slow down and take it easy and give and allow yourself time to rest and relax. Try listening to some Christmas music on 100.3 Detroit’s Christmas Radio Station and also try reading a good book or watching some Christmas specials on the TV all might help. Just some thoughts and ideas. God Bless you and have yourself a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Take care.
Bookworm

Howard Sprague wrote:We will say a prayer for you, Bookworm, and also will ask Reverend Tucker to say a prayer for you at Sunday preaching this week.
Bless you, Howard! Now don't be shocked by this comment -- its truly the way I feel: I'll either continue living or die. Either is fine with me. But I've always lived and trust that will be the outcome in this situation.
Howard Sprague

Unread post by Howard Sprague »

We will say a prayer for you, Bookworm, and also will ask Reverend Tucker to say a prayer for you at Sunday preaching this week.
Bookworm

MarcE wrote:Dawn, you are in my thoughts and prayers also.
You are much appreciated and loved here.
Love and prayers are definitely good medicine. Thanks!
MarcE

Unread post by MarcE »

Dawn, you are in my thoughts and prayers also.
You are much appreciated and loved here.
Bookworm

I'll say a prayer for you Dawn.
Gary[/quote]

I appreciate that very much, Gary.
garbear

Unread post by garbear »

Bookworm wrote:Despite my initial reluctance to embrace modern technology, the past two days have underscored why I should be extremely thankful that it's part of my life and for those whose life work is developing (especially) medical technology.
Yesterday morning I had a stress test (treadmill) with echocardiogram.
This morning I consulted with a cardiologist and have a angiogram scheduled (tentatively) for December 12th.
I am at peace. Stressing would be pointless.
No idea where this will lead, but I may be restricted from too much physical activity for the next two weeks.

Blessings to you and your families,
Dawn
I'll say a prayer for you Dawn.
Gary
Bookworm

Despite my initial reluctance to embrace modern technology, the past two days have underscored why I should be extremely thankful that it's part of my life and for those whose life work is developing (especially) medical technology.
Yesterday morning I had a stress test (treadmill) with echocardiogram.
This morning I consulted with a cardiologist and have a angiogram scheduled (tentatively) for December 12th.
I am at peace. Stressing would be pointless.
No idea where this will lead, but I may be restricted from too much physical activity for the next two weeks.

Blessings to you and your families,
Dawn
mopar tim

Unread post by mopar tim »

Yep. I'm still around just don't post as much. You may very well be right about staying young chasing boats could be a new medical breakthrough lol. I don't do it as much anymore due to health issues, but I live only 3 blocks from the river so I get down every so often.
Bookworm

Garbear wrote: I see where I grew up on the West side of the state they received anywhere from 20 to 32 inches. Remember lots of snow growing up.
My Dad was a rural mail carrier and I remember how he dreaded winter. Still get the snow in Duluth, but the cold is the big difference.[/quote]
I feel so sorry for people whose work requires them to be out in frigid weather. Makes me thankful for shelter, warm clothes, and adequate food. Homeless dogs and cats are another concern, but I know I can make only a small difference in maybe only one life.
garbear

Unread post by garbear »

Bookworm wrote:Marysville woke to 8-1/2" of snow. At least that was the depth in my yard.
For years, I've wanted to make a snow angel but for one reason or another didn't.
This morning, someone shared a picture of a sailor on Lee A, making a snow angel on a hatch cover.
That was all the inspiration I needed. So, at 74, I crossed another item off my bucket list. Now only one remains.

I see where I grew up on the West side of the state they received
anywhere from 20 to 32 inches. Remember lots of snow growing up.
My Dad was a rural mail carrier and I remember how he dreaded winter. Still get the snow in Duluth, but the cold is the big difference.
Bookworm

mopar tim wrote:That's great Bookworm. Age doesn't matter it's all about staying young at heart. I saw the picture today on Interlakes site got a good chuckle out of it lol. Stay warm Bookworm and enjoy your week. Tim
Thanks, Tim. I've wondered what became of you -- I've missed seeing your posts. Yep, I may be/look older, but the child in me is still alive and well! Maybe chasing boats has something to do with that?
mopar tim

Unread post by mopar tim »

That's great Bookworm. Age doesn't matter it's all about staying young at heart. I saw the picture today on Interlakes site got a good chuckle out of it lol. Stay warm Bookworm and enjoy your week. Tim
Bookworm

Marysville woke to 8-1/2" of snow. At least that was the depth in my yard.
For years, I've wanted to make a snow angel but for one reason or another didn't.
This morning, someone shared a picture of a sailor on Lee A, making a snow angel on a hatch cover.
That was all the inspiration I needed. So, at 74, I crossed another item off my bucket list. Now only one remains.
Bookworm

Have you ever watched the moon rise twice in an hour? Or the sun, the following morning, as well?
I did, here along the St. Clair River and then on the Silver Bay webcam. Their reflections in Lake Superior were awesome! I can only imagine what it would be like photographing the event from the deck of a ship. Sigh!