Alpena

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
Guest

Re: Alpena

Unread post by Guest »

I noticed on the Marine Traffic website over the weekend that the Alpena appeared to have taken a course well north of the normal track across Lake Superior between the Keweenaw Peninsula and the Soo. Does anyone know why this would have been done? Other ships in the area appeared to be following the normal track.
Guest

Re: Alpena

Unread post by Guest »

Actually, no I did not. By the time she made it down, I was at work. I did see the tug Defiance and barge Ashtabula unload some coal crap at the Alpena Oil dock on Monday for about 9 hours though.
Guest

Re: Alpena

Unread post by Guest »

did you get to see her come in hopfully the bugs wernt to bad
Guest

Re: Alpena

Unread post by Guest »

Right on, Garbear. I’ve been checking on her everyday since March, except today. I’ll be there to see her come in tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up. Party on the breakwall
garbear

Re: Alpena

Unread post by garbear »

Alpena departed Superior this afternoon.
Hermie Phillips
Posts: 63
Joined: April 20, 2011, 7:45 pm

Re: Alpena

Unread post by Hermie Phillips »

Last I heard they are supposed to return to service around the 10th of June. Earlier if demand picks up. Later if it stays slow.
Guest

Alpena

Unread post by Guest »

Does anybody have any information as to when the Alpena will end her short term layup? I understand that she is waiting at LaFarge Superior for cargo demand to pick up.
Post Reply