Manitoulin’s cargo for Marysville

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
statmk

Re: Manitoulin’s cargo for Marysville

Unread post by statmk »

There is a shortage of salt this year. The mines have had intermittent shut downs and they ran short last winter. Green Bay just received a cargo of salt direct from Egypt. It had a cargo of salt earlier this year that was trans-shipped through Quebec--off loaded from salty and loaded onto a Canadian. This happened a couple of years ago too when salt from Morocco was brought directly into Milwaukee.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Thanks everyone for your responses and replies to my questions as far as where they loaded from and what cargo they unloaded then in Marysville. So that explains the cargo and where they loaded it from. Most unusual that they would load it all the way from Quebec rather than from Windsor or Goderich. Is this a special type of salt that they use and delivered then to Marysville or something else?
Bookworm

Unread post by Bookworm »

StClairBN wrote:They loaded road salt in Quebec and unloaded on the asphalt pad at Marysville. So that's road salt you see in that pile.

Regards, John
One is never too old to learn something new. Thanks!

Unread post by Guest »

Cargo of salt
StClairBN

Unread post by StClairBN »

They loaded road salt in Quebec and unloaded on the asphalt pad at Marysville. So that's road salt you see in that pile.

Regards, John
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Thanks Dawn as indeed from your photo it is a stone cargo however as we both described in our posts where they loaded from is the mystery right now? If I recall correctly they loaded in Ashtabula and then went out east to Quebec City I think to unload? From there I don’t recall as to where they went and loaded? Unless somebody else knows and beats me to it, I’ll have to check out my records and see what I can find out and if I have anything on it or not? Thanks again for all of your help.
Bookworm

Unread post by Bookworm »

Being at the Marysville Bluewater Aggregates facility, there seems to be no question about the cargo, but her port of origin/load is interesting.
Attachments
Still in the process of discharging at Marysville, in the early afternoon.
Still in the process of discharging at Marysville, in the early afternoon.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

I see now on AIS that they've departed Marysville sometime today and went downbound. Did they unload their entire load and cargo in Marysville or is this a split cargo for Marysville and someplace else then? Anyone with information on this is appreciated. Thanks.
Denny

Manitoulin’s cargo for Marysville

Unread post by Denny »

Noticed on AIS that the Manitoulin arrived in Marysville with a cargo from the East someplace. They loaded and then went through the Seaway with whatever they were carrying. Anyone know what cargo they loaded and from where? It seems a bit odd for them IMO anyway to load a cargo out East and then bring it through the Seaway and go all the way to Marysville with it. Not saying it can’t be done of course but just seems a bit odd is all. Anyone with any information that they can add here is greatly appreciated. Thanks so much in advance.