Manitoulin In Ashtabula

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
garbear

Re: Manitoulin In Ashtabula

Unread post by garbear »

Denny wrote:Thanks garbear as I didn’t know they were closed as I thought they were still shipping coal from down there in Ashtabula? So if they’re closed then I take it that only Toledo and Sandusky are the only two coal docks left on Lake Erie that are opened and still shipping coal out then correct?
Think Norfolk Southern closed the dock in 2016.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Thanks garbear as I didn’t know they were closed as I thought they were still shipping coal from down there in Ashtabula? So if they’re closed then I take it that only Toledo and Sandusky are the only two coal docks left on Lake Erie that are opened and still shipping coal out then correct?

Unread post by Guest »

Denny wrote:I think the CSL Welland if I recall was in Sorel recently and if she was, then wouldn't she possibly be carrying titanium slag then to Ashtabula to unload? In the past I've seen many times where the CSL ships would load titanium slag in Sorel and then bring it into Ashtabula and unload. Perhaps maybe that it was the CSL Welland could be doing as far as heading to Ashtabula as this is just a guess on my part. Also in regards to the Manitoulin in Ashtabula, could they possibly be loading a coal cargo maybe for Quebec as well? Just a thought I had here is all. Thanks for any information.
Quite likely an unbound load of titanium slag. I don't think the cargo is heavy or it's a partial load because ships making this trip often look like they're loaded light.
garbear

Unread post by garbear »

Denny wrote:I think the CSL Welland if I recall was in Sorel recently and if she was, then wouldn't she possibly be carrying titanium slag then to Ashtabula to unload? In the past I've seen many times where the CSL ships would load titanium slag in Sorel and then bring it into Ashtabula and unload. Perhaps maybe that it was the CSL Welland could be doing as far as heading to Ashtabula as this is just a guess on my part. Also in regards to the Manitoulin in Ashtabula, could they possibly be loading a coal cargo maybe for Quebec as well? Just a thought I had here is all. Thanks for any information.
Coal dock is closed in Ashtabula.

Unread post by Guest »

This has to be to be the future of the footers as the coal trade continues to die down. I am also surprised to see so many American flagged loads running into Nanticoke. I don’t believe the same frequency has existed recently.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

I think the CSL Welland if I recall was in Sorel recently and if she was, then wouldn't she possibly be carrying titanium slag then to Ashtabula to unload? In the past I've seen many times where the CSL ships would load titanium slag in Sorel and then bring it into Ashtabula and unload. Perhaps maybe that it was the CSL Welland could be doing as far as heading to Ashtabula as this is just a guess on my part. Also in regards to the Manitoulin in Ashtabula, could they possibly be loading a coal cargo maybe for Quebec as well? Just a thought I had here is all. Thanks for any information.
garbear

Unread post by garbear »

StClairBN wrote:It appears that she came in light so she should be hauling something to Quebec. I see the CSL Wellend is upbound on the St. Lawrence with a destination of Astabula and appears to be running light as well. Has there been increased footer traffic into Astabula with ore to support this transshipment?

Regards, John
There has been out of here in the Twin Ports and also Silver Bay.
StClairBN

Unread post by StClairBN »

It appears that she came in light so she should be hauling something to Quebec. I see the CSL Wellend is upbound on the St. Lawrence with a destination of Astabula and appears to be running light as well. Has there been increased footer traffic into Astabula with ore to support this transshipment?

Regards, John
garbear

Manitoulin In Ashtabula

Unread post by garbear »

I see the Manitoulin is in Ashtabula again and shows a Quebec City destination. Is she loading pellets in Ashtabula?