American Integrity

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
Bob

Re: American Integrity

Unread post by Bob »

I don’t think I’ve ever heard of a sticky coal load. What causes that? Too much moisture in the load or what?
StClairBN

Unread post by StClairBN »

the Integrity left just before midnight after a total of 130 hours at the dock over 3 different visits. She left for the Century the first time after 29 hours. She left for the McCarthy the second time after 44 hours and she spent 56 hours this last time. That sounds like a terribly sticky load. The Century spent 52 hours at the dock the first time and looked like she was nearly completed unloaded while she waited for this second time. Another very sticky load. The McCarthy required 14 hours to unload half which seems somewhat typical for this time of year. The other half of her load went to Essexville.

Regards, John

Unread post by Guest »

Terribly sticky coal.

Unread post by Guest »

Think it may be the Integritys problem. The Integrity moved from the dock and let another ASC footer unload 2 days ago. Was a partial unload as ship then went up to Essexville to complete the unload I assume. This 2 stop to unload is common for the ASC guys.
No facts to back this theory up-only my thoughts.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

As of 11 A.M. on Friday, November 22, 2019 I can confirm with 100% confirmation the American Integrity is still unloading coal at the St. Clair Power Plant and anchored below them is the American Century waiting for the Integrity to finish. My guess is a couple of things related to the slow unload either sticky coal or else an issue with the unloading belts and conveyor systems either aboard the Integrity or with the dock at the St. Clair Power Plant. Maybe someone knows more but this is what I’d say is going on. Hope that my information helps here.
Bob

Unread post by Bob »

I’ve been wondering what’s going on with American integrity and the American century as it seemed that the century sat just north of port Huron for a few days and now looks like both the century and integrity have been at st.clair for a couple days now.

American Integrity

Unread post by Guest »

The Integrity appears to be a permanent fixture at the St Clair Edison coal dock in recent days. Any updates?