Stay in place

Open forum for regional discussion. (extension of the Information Search page for off topic & personal discussion)
Denny

Re: Stay in place

Unread post by Denny »

Just heard today that all McDonald’s restaurants across the USA are now closed on the inside due to a rise and spike in the virus cases. Also as far as I know, all Taco Bell restaurants are also closed inside and are doing drive thru orders only. Surprisingly though my local Wendy’s is open on the inside for eating and a Subway inside my local Wal Mart is also open inside for eating. However, inside my local Home Depot they had a hot dog stand but that is now closed down due to the virus stuff. Stay Safe everyone. Also, not sure yet about any Gyms as far as them being opened up yet again or not?
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Great News everyone. The Stay At Home Order today has Finally been lifted here in Michigan by the Governor. However, be advised it will be very slow going for a while and we will all need to take pre-cautionary actions wherever and whatever we do but at least it’s a start and now we are finally moving forward and in the right direction. There now is light at the end of the tunnel thank goodness. Stay Safe Everyone!
Jared

Unread post by Jared »

I think people get the message of staying away from one another and limiting contact and travel. However, I think people should have the choice to do what they want business wise.

It sounds like the court case will overturn her emergency orders without the approval of the legislature. Expect a decision on Tuesday or Wednesday.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Well here we are another Friday and yet another update is scheduled today by the Governor on the Covid-19 pandemic. No doubt in my mind at least that she will yet again extend the Stay Safe and Stay At Home order which BTW she's done now twice already! The current one right now runs through May 28 but I'm sure very soon if it hasn't happened already, I'm sure will be extended at least into June. What surprises me is I've seen in stores some people NOT wearing face masks coverings like they should be. In my area at least they will not allow anyone inside a public place without one yet once inside, I've seen people not wearing them so go figure. Don't mean to sound off or sound so negative with my comments here just wondering if any boatnerds feel the same way here? I've also seen a few news programs and some are saying that it's crazy and unconstitutional what is going on as far as us being in lockdown and I agree with them totally. People here in Michigan want to go back and get back to work again. I know it is gonna take time to reopen again.

Unread post by Guest »

Lol on the ponds. well still lots of walleye activity here in the river around fighting island if you want to brave the lousy weather. Ramps are open, no ones going to bother you trailering down here. A few motels are open and take out for food.

Unread post by Guest »

Stay Home Stay Safe order extended until May 28th in Michigan. Good news is that boat dealers can start fitting out recreational boats for the season. Charter boats can also start operating. Just not sure about taking our Sea Ray from mid-Michigan to the Detroit River/Lake Erie to go fishing. The ponds (Lakes) around the Irish Hills are to shallow to get her off the trailer.
Howard Sprague

Unread post by Howard Sprague »

Hello Denny my friend I hope you are doing well. We are surviving this crazy virus as best as possible but worry about Mother and her friends in Florida as that seems to be a hot spot. We want to make the trip down to see her before the weather gets too hot but we have decided to forgo that for her safety, so for now we are enjoying the river. I do hope you're surviving this as well as can be expected and perhaps will resume your updates at some point, and perhaps even your stories which could certainly help many get through such a rough time. You take care my friend.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

The Stay In Place order has now been extended through May 15 and I hope and pray that all of you are doing well and staying and keeping healthy as we fight our way through this. While I can't be at one of my favorite places, I would like to thank the many folks and people like Dawn that help contribute and send in and post their daily photos as it definitely helps in times like this especially when I can't be at the river to see the ships live and in person but at least the photos that you and others post, helps to bring that up close and personal and makes a person feel like they are actually there in person to see and witness it. So, thanks again Dawn and to many others for doing what you do and posting your photos here for all to enjoy. Please Be and Stay Safe and keep up the good work and job that you do. I look forward to someday and also one day hopefully seeing and meeting some of you at the river!
Bookworm

Unread post by Bookworm »

Guest wrote:1100/23 Governor Whitmer has issued a stay in place - stay safe Oder effective at midnight tonight.
Got it! Since I don't live on the river...
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Thanks Guest as I just saw that and let family and ones know about it here on boatnerd as well. Also, in adding to your comments and I said this on other posts from the order to Stay At Home "People can still go to the Grocery Store and get their gas and food supplies etc. but as far as Restaurants go it is take out and drive thru only and no inside eat stuff as well!" Now no more than 2 people in a public gathering and also very limited family to family visits and out of state family visits. Finally IF a business is caught Not abiding by the order, they could be fined and also forced to close and shut down. My brother told me this saying as far as the Stay At Home Order "Don't Roam and Stay at Home!" I like the idea and the saying and slogan and that's exactly what I am doing as far as obeying the order and staying home. Hope others are well. Stay Safe!

Stay in place

Unread post by Guest »

1100/23 Governor Whitmer has issued a stay in place - stay safe Oder effective at midnight tonight.