Where Are The Boats At?

Open forum for regional discussion. (extension of the Information Search page for off topic & personal discussion)
Denny

Where Are The Boats At?

Unread post by Denny »

In doing my annual AIS tracking and searching I’ve noticed lately that it seems lately that traffic on the St. Clair River seems to be slowing down some. Example take today November 13 as it was busy in the morning yet it seemed to have slowed down now on the AIS and not much to see until after dark this evening as far as up and down bound traffic goes. Lately I’ve been trying to plan a river trip but every time I check AIS I get the notion it’s going to be slow and then give up! Has anyone here noticed any certain days of the week where it’s been busier than others or certain times of the day where it’s been busier than others? I know it’s a hit or miss thing but, maybe it’s due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the slow and struggling economy this year but I haven’t seen or had too many busy days this year. Any information is appreciated on this and thanks in advance. To add to this post although not often it does this but, in years past I always thought Friday’s and Monday’s were good and busy days on the St. Clair River. Now, I just don’t know anymore?