Morro Bay

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
Jerry

Re: Morro Bay

Unread post by Jerry »

Morro Bay on the move. In Lake St Clair
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Precisely and exactly as I thought and figured Roger as I answered my own questions you could say in part and now you just confirmed my thinking of that one too. Thanks. Morro Bay BTW is still sitting at their dock in Cleveland too at last check earlier on Marine Traffic's website!
BigRiver

Unread post by BigRiver »

Buckthorn is just a buoy tender. Does not have the HP or hull strengthening to break ice.
Denny

Morro Bay

Unread post by Denny »

With all the talk here about the new Mackinaw and it’s issues this winter, most of the USCG vessels have been busy this winter other than up at the Soo with the Buckthorn which has been tied up to its dock and berth since mid-December 2021. I think they are mainly a buoy tender if I am correct? However, the Morro Bay I’ve noticed has been in Cleveland now since mid-February from Marine Traffic! Anyone know why they’re not out helping with the icebreaking this winter? Seems a bit strange and odd that most all of the 140s have been out working lately yet Morro Bay sits in Cleveland. I wonder then, will they be used later as we get closer to the openings of the Welland and Soo Locks later this month then?