Layup List Updates

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
Denny

Re: Layup List Updates

Unread post by Denny »

A busy morning for Winter Lay-Ups today. In Sturgeon Bay, both the Wilfred Sykes and the Mesabi Miner are arriving now as I type this information at 9:55 a.m. on January 14, 2023. The Sykes arrived from the Bay while the Mesabi Miner arrived through the Sturgeon Bay Ship Canal each of which arriving at Sturgeon Bay for Winter Lay-Up. Sorry as I don't know or have the details as far as what docks they arrived at? Hopefully somebody will know and provide us with that information. Meanwhile in Toledo, the Edgar B. Speer arrived this morning for Winter Lay-Up at the CSX #2 Dock. So far, the Speer joins the Paul R. Tregurtha also in Winter Lay-Up along with the American Century. The Century arrived on January 12 for the CSX #1 Dock for Winter Lay-Up. I still don't have any information yet as far as to where the Tregurtha is in Toledo and what dock they are at? More vessels will also be arriving in Toledo for Winter Lay-Up. Also, last night the Rt. Hon. Paul J. Martin arrived in Port Colborne for lay up. Sorry as I don't know where they are docked at in Port Colborne for lay up? This is all that I have for the Winter Lay-Up lists, posts and locations at this time. Thanks.

Unread post by Guest »

Denny wrote: January 12, 2023, 11:19 pm American Century arrived at CSX #1 Dock in Toledo on January 12, 2013. Also arriving in Toledo was the Paul R. Tregurtha on January 11, 2023 in the evening. Sorry I don’t know or have where she’s at there? Anyone know or have details? Also, if there are laid up there is this a first for them then to layup in Toledo? I don’t ever remember them laying up in Toledo before? Don’t know if they ever did as the DeLancey but as far as the Tregurtha name, this may be a first for them?
Denny, I went through the layup listings from the TMHS archive website, and the William J. DeLancey never laidup in Toledo, and I can't recall her as the Paul R. Tregurtha laying up in Toledo.

The American Century, when she was the Columbia Star, always laidup at Toledo in her early life, except for 1986/87 when she laidup at Sturgeon Bay.

Unread post by Guest »

Denny wrote: January 12, 2023, 11:12 pm Roger Blough arrived in Conneaut on November 1, 2022. Found this out while going through the Boatnerd News and viewing photos of her arriving there under tow of tugboats.
Lol. Winter layup prior to going under the acetylene knife.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

The Algoma Compass was moved to the Hooper Welding Dock in Hamilton, Ontario on December 28, 2022 and not in November as is currently posted on the Winter Lay-Up list of Boatnerd.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

The Hon. James L. Oberstar arrived at the Nicholson's Dock in Ecorse for Winter Lay-Up on January 13, 2023.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

American Century arrived at CSX #1 Dock in Toledo on January 12, 2013. Also arriving in Toledo was the Paul R. Tregurtha on January 11, 2023 in the evening. Sorry I don’t know or have where she’s at there? Anyone know or have details? Also, if there are laid up there is this a first for them then to layup in Toledo? I don’t ever remember them laying up in Toledo before? Don’t know if they ever did as the DeLancey but as far as the Tregurtha name, this may be a first for them?
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Roger Blough arrived in Conneaut on November 1, 2022. Found this out while going through the Boatnerd News and viewing photos of her arriving there under tow of tugboats.
cpfan

Unread post by cpfan »

According to Marine Traffic, Algoma Transport is not in Lock 8, she is just above Lock 8.
BigRiver

Unread post by BigRiver »

It has been corrected

Unread post by guest »

Whitefish bay in the Detroit river AIS Thunder Bay
cpfan

Layup List Updates

Unread post by cpfan »

CSL's Whitefish Bay is not laid up in Toronto. She was unloading sugar at Redpath. She then went to Oshawa. She is now entering Lock 8 (14:58 Jan 7) with a destination of Port Colborne.

NACC Alicudi is on the Lakes for the winter. Apparently she has replaced NACC Capri.