Indiana Harbor

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
Denny

Re: Indiana Harbor

Unread post by Denny »

The Indiana Harbor got underway from anchorage in Lower Lake Huron on Monday, January 16, 2023 and headed downbound for its destination of Conneaut, Ohio to unload its ore cargo. Earlier in my previous post, I had asked the question "If anyone knew why then they went to anchor in the first place?" It appears now that the reasons they did was due to the Arthur M. Anderson also unloading ore in Conneaut. I assume then that the Indy then decided to anchor and wait out the Anderson to unload in Conneaut before proceeding there themselves? if anyone has more light or information to add to this, please feel free to do so and thanks for any information on this as well.
Denny

Indiana Harbor

Unread post by Denny »

Anyone know why the Indiana Harbor spent most of the day on Sunday, January 15, 2023 at anchor in Lower Lake Huron? They locked through at the Soo Locks on January 14 and was heading to Conneaut to unload. Any info appreciated. Thanks.