Algonorth sold off lakes

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
algowest

Re: Algonorth sold off lakes

Unread post by algowest »

I would agree with the idea that Algonorth is still owned by Algoma, listed under their tanker fleet on webpage, still named Algonorth, and under Canadian Flag. All this points to a trading area change only, to be under Furetank management, is my thought also.
jim gallant

Unread post by jim gallant »

perhaps you are correct. and yes "shipfax" is a blog but the algonorth is on her way to europe, it dosnt matter who shes been sold to. ill be watching what, if any thing the ryerson does. remember one day the toronto maple leafs will win the stanley cup?

Unread post by Guest »

So Furebear is the joint venture between Furetank and Algoma Tankers? Looks like Shipfax, which appears to be nothing more than a blog, and no more official than Facebook or Boatnerd, updated their blog post to indicate that the Algonorth may not have been sold but rather transferred to the joint venture.

Unread post by Guest »

Guest wrote: February 6, 2023, 12:13 pm The Ryerson is just that… rumors or writings without proof. The CML president said as much. No concrete news to share now. There is actual confirmed news to follow about the Algonorth.
Has ALGOMA made an announcement? No.

Unread post by Guest »

The Ryerson is just that… rumors or writings without proof. The CML president said as much. No concrete news to share now. There is actual confirmed news to follow about the Algonorth.

Unread post by Guest »

Interesting that everyone believes this from Facebook but not rumors about the Ryerson. Hmm...

Unread post by guest »

this was new news last week when "shipfax" reported it from halifax, nova scotia.

Unread post by Guest »

cpfan wrote: February 4, 2023, 6:00 am Quoted from one of the Facebook groups that I follow ....

Tanker ALGONORTH has been sold (to Furetank). Currently on her way to Kalundborg, Denmark. Next, she will be drydocked, reflagged and given her new name. Stay tuned.

Algonorth, was built in 2008 at Tuzla Shipbuilding in Turkey as RAMIRA. Algoma Central Corp. purchased her in 2019 and was named in an employee "Name that Tanker" company contest.

This was the 2nd vessel with the name Algonorth, the 1st one, a bulk carrier was scrapped in 2013 in Sault Ste. Marie.

Algoma Central Corp. and Furetank established a 50/50 joint venture (named "Furebear") in August/22.
https://boatnerd.com/boatnerd-news-january-31-2023/

This is posted here, copied from Facebook.
cpfan

Unread post by cpfan »

Quoted from one of the Facebook groups that I follow ....

Tanker ALGONORTH has been sold (to Furetank). Currently on her way to Kalundborg, Denmark. Next, she will be drydocked, reflagged and given her new name. Stay tuned.

Algonorth, was built in 2008 at Tuzla Shipbuilding in Turkey as RAMIRA. Algoma Central Corp. purchased her in 2019 and was named in an employee "Name that Tanker" company contest.

This was the 2nd vessel with the name Algonorth, the 1st one, a bulk carrier was scrapped in 2013 in Sault Ste. Marie.

Algoma Central Corp. and Furetank established a 50/50 joint venture (named "Furebear") in August/22.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Check out the News Page. It was mentioned here just within this past week or so! May have to scroll through the News Page and archives to find the story. You are correct also, she was purchased by Algoma I think it said in 2019 so No she wasn’t with them for long. Like you, I too am very surprised by this news.

Unread post by Guest »

Check the news page for January 31.

Algonorth sold off lakes

Unread post by Guest »

Noticed on the winter layup list Algonorth is mentioned as being sold off lakes. When did this happen? I knew about the Algoma Hansa being sold off lakes but didn't hear anything about the Algonorth. The Algonorth hasn't even been apart of the company for that long it seems.