Calcite Boat Line Up Tape

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
Denny

Re: Calcite Boat Line Up Tape

Unread post by Denny »

Thanks Jerry.
Jerry

Unread post by Jerry »

Okay, I went down to the gate at Calcite today. They are working on a new system for the phone line. Hope to be up & running soon.

Unread post by Guest »

Perhaps (and I would consider this most likely) this service has been discontinued like many others like it that existed in the past. Many of these phone-in services were there to assist in providing arrival times to those trying to meet with members of the crew that could come ashore for visits home, etc. while the ship was in port along with those trying to make deliveries to the ships themselves. Other than those for the Soo Locks and other tourist areas like Duluth these telephone-based services were likely not established for boat enthusiasts or for that matter the general public. In today's age of reduced ships and crews and digital/cellular communications, I'm surprised that this tape service still existed.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Still not having any luck getting through to the Calcite Dock tape! Whenever I try, there is a message and it goes on to say “Your call cannot be completed as dialed and to check the number and try again later!” The last time I was able to get through was back the beginning of May at that time. Not sure if they changed the number or they just for some reason stopped doing the recordings? If anyone has any information or updates it would be appreciated and thanks. Would Mr. Link, Mr. Lafferty, Roger or any of the boatnerd moderators know anything about this? Thanks.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Thanks Jerry. I haven’t been able to get through since the beginning of May!
Jerry

Unread post by Jerry »

Have same problem. I’ll do some research on it & try to find out what is the problem.
Denny

Calcite Boat Line Up Tape

Unread post by Denny »

Does anyone know or have any information on the phone number and recording for the Calcite Limestone Docks in Rogers City? I have not been able to get through in several weeks and the number that I’ve used for years don’t seem to be working now! Anyone know what’s going on and if they may have changed the number or had it disconnected? Roger, Mr. Lafferty and or Boatnerd Moderators know something about this issue with the Calcite number that I don’t? Thanks for any information and updates you have on this.