Boatnerd Today in History Photo of the Bradley

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
Joshua

Re: Boatnerd Today in History Photo of the Bradley

Unread post by Joshua »

Ohio Bob wrote: July 14, 2023, 6:30 am Speaking of the photos from the news section, has anyone else noticed the arrows to advance to the next photo in the deck have disappeared or is it just my browser being difficult?
The gallery style had to be reformatted to fix an issue with the captions, so we're working on getting the arrows back shortly. Rest assured it's not just your browser!
Ohio Bob

Unread post by Ohio Bob »

Speaking of the photos from the news section, has anyone else noticed the arrows to advance to the next photo in the deck have disappeared or is it just my browser being difficult?
ML3

Unread post by ML3 »

Super photo. Probably photographed from the top of the Marine Post Office tower..... went in that building many times to get the mail.

Unread post by Guest »

Given the ceremonial nature of the opening when the photograph was taken it was most likely photographed from a vessel moored directly above the upper end of the MacArthur Lock.
William Lafferty

Unread post by William Lafferty »

The Carl D. Bradley was accompanied by a tug when it traversed the lock, and a photographer on the tug from Acme Newpictures took the photograph in question. Here is a view looking west showing the tug, which I have never been able to identify.
Attachments
Bradley Macarthur 1943.jpg
Darryl1

Boatnerd Today in History Photo of the Bradley

Unread post by Darryl1 »

The "Today in Great Lakes History" photo of the ill-fated "SS Carl D Bradley" is a great picture. Where some of these pictures come from is really amazing. Unless this was taken aways on the upbound side the Tourist viewing platform is not included; or more-likely, it might not have been built yet. Either way, it is quite a historical look at the past.