Cutter Acushnet

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
Guest

Re: Cutter Acushnet

Unread post by Guest »

Guest 7 wrote:You could spend $500K in fuel to bring the Acushnet to Lake Michigan. Or buy a nice home in Anacortes and use it there.
Why not bring the boat up the Mississippi through Chicago? That would cut your travel time, and fuel bill in half
Guest

Re: Cutter Acushnet

Unread post by Guest »

Timerover51 wrote:I got off the phone a little while ago with the shipyard in Anacortes, Washington where the former Coast Guard cutter Acushnet is presently docked. The purchasers have abandoned the ship and the dockyard is in the process of seizing if for unpaid dock fees. Some of you might remember that I was looking at getting the Bramble for use on the lakes and South Pacific. I have still been looking for a ship. If I can get her, she will be homeported on Lake Michigan, probably Milwaukee. I do need to get her here. This is a bit of very short notice.

Anyone out there interested in a trip from Seattle to Milwaukee, courtesy of the Panama Canal and Seaway as part of a crew? She is Diesel-electric, with the same engines, based on a conversation with Brent Michaels, as the Mackinaw.
What dos it cost to dock a ship that size, in docking fees? Why would giving the boat up for unpaid fees be a good deal when they paid 209K for the boat? What do you think it cost the MUnson I believe to sit at the Murphy fuel dock all winter?
Guest 7

Re: Cutter Acushnet

Unread post by Guest 7 »

You could spend $500K in fuel to bring the Acushnet to Lake Michigan. Or buy a nice home in Anacortes and use it there.
Guest II

Re: Cutter Acushnet

Unread post by Guest II »

Do you need an old deckhand? Still have my Z card. BDFD36@yahoo.com
DavidFrank

Re: Cutter Acushnet

Unread post by DavidFrank »

Dale,
I can do the trip. I've piloted out of Seattle many times. Just need to load up my computer with electronic charts and Canal regulations. Send me an email if you go through with it. Davidrayfrank@tds.net
MN Boter

Re: Cutter Acushnet

Unread post by MN Boter »

How fast is she? 'bou how long of a trip would it be??
Guest

Re: Cutter Acushnet

Unread post by Guest »

When would you be doing the trip?
shiplover

Re: Cutter Acushnet

Unread post by shiplover »

email me. Returned 5/15 from Canal passage.
al stresen-reuter
lordv@db3broadband.com
Timerover51
Posts: 452
Joined: June 18, 2010, 12:59 am

Cutter Acushnet

Unread post by Timerover51 »

I got off the phone a little while ago with the shipyard in Anacortes, Washington where the former Coast Guard cutter Acushnet is presently docked. The purchasers have abandoned the ship and the dockyard is in the process of seizing if for unpaid dock fees. Some of you might remember that I was looking at getting the Bramble for use on the lakes and South Pacific. I have still been looking for a ship. If I can get her, she will be homeported on Lake Michigan, probably Milwaukee. I do need to get her here. This is a bit of very short notice.

Anyone out there interested in a trip from Seattle to Milwaukee, courtesy of the Panama Canal and Seaway as part of a crew? She is Diesel-electric, with the same engines, based on a conversation with Brent Michaels, as the Mackinaw.
Post Reply