Counting the days!

Open forum for regional discussion. (extension of the Information Search page for off topic & personal discussion)
Bookworm

Counting the days!

Unread post by Bookworm »

Ship traffic won't begin for another two weeks but with sunny skies and another unseasonably warm day, I headed north, intending to go at least to Port Sanilac. The outside temperature was 60° when I pulled onto the highway, but before I got to Lexington, I was astounded to see it had dropped to 44°! So, Lexington was the stopping point, but I found it to be an enjoyable place.
Attachments
A welcoming sign.
A welcoming sign.
Imagine how busy the marina must be in the summer!
Imagine how busy the marina must be in the summer!
I went only part-way on the long, curving walkway out to the lake.  Not all of the snow has melted and it was refreezing.
I went only part-way on the long, curving walkway out to the lake. Not all of the snow has melted and it was refreezing.
Some really big rocks here!
Some really big rocks here!
Loved the scalloped snow on the shaded side of this rock!
Loved the scalloped snow on the shaded side of this rock!
Dirty ice on the beach but a gleaming Lake Huron lies beyond!
Dirty ice on the beach but a gleaming Lake Huron lies beyond!