Page 1 of 1
Re: First freighter of 2016 at Algonac State Park
Posted: March 11, 2016, 4:24 pm
by tugboathunter
She's getting her 5-year in Toledo.
Re: First freighter of 2016 at Algonac State Park
Posted: March 11, 2016, 9:39 am
by cpfan
Bookworm wrote:cpfan wrote:Don:
Since she is apparently headed to dry dock in Toledo, I'm not sure that this counts as the first freighter of the season.
Steve
I've not seen this information before. Boatnerd 2015-16 lay-up only shows her sailing (from Sarnia lay-up) on March 10, 2016. Can you give us more specifics? Thanks.
I have no details on why it is in dry dock. Just that people have been mentioning for a couple of weeks that she is headed to dry dock.
I just checked Marine Traffic before replying here. If you zoom in on the ship, and change the background to satellite, you can see that she is in drydock.
As to the BoatNerd layup info...it does not show why a ship leaves layup. She did leave layup in Sarnia. But, in a way, she has now begun another layup in Toledo.
Sarnia
Re: First freighter of 2016 at Algonac State Park
Posted: March 11, 2016, 8:38 am
by Bookworm
cpfan wrote:Don:
Since she is apparently headed to dry dock in Toledo, I'm not sure that this counts as the first freighter of the season.
Steve
I've not seen this information before. Boatnerd 2015-16 lay-up only shows her sailing (from Sarnia lay-up) on March 10, 2016. Can you give us more specifics? Thanks.
Re: First freighter of 2016 at Algonac State Park
Posted: March 10, 2016, 7:20 pm
by cpfan
Don:
Since she is apparently headed to dry dock in Toledo, I'm not sure that this counts as the first freighter of the season.
Also when does the season start & end because there's been two tankers (and two cement tug/barges?) running past there all year.
Steve
First freighter of 2016 at Algonac State Park
Posted: March 10, 2016, 1:56 pm
by Don_Detloff
Saginaw was the first freighter of the season passing Algonac State Park Thursday morning, March 10, 2016.
- Don Detloff